This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
message for Princess1983

Quote:
Off topic-sorry!
Kraft tastic,

This is off topic-apoligies for that.

I was wondering if you have any ideas for activities for mothers and toddler groups?

Theres a local group working on a shoe-string budget trying to get together activites for 8 weeks of sessions (a session a week).

I know your much more creative than I will ever be so I thought I'd ask you instead

Princess
With regards to you above message throuth my other post.

Leave it with me and I will have a think over the weekend and will get back to you. Should be able to come up with a few ideas at least.

Am I right in thinking that the children are aged between birth & 2 and a half years. Thats the age group of the one my son and I went too.

Thanks
Connector
your a gem!

I saw my name come up and was thinking I'd done something wrong-lol!

Thank you for that-I'm sure the locals will be happy that I'm not coming up with the ideas myself

Yes age group is correct.

Have a great weekend

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Entrepreneur
Ideas

Hi

Some of the ideas I have come up with are:

Pasta Shapes - Stick pasta shapes to card to make lovely pictures.

Handmade Playdough - Make the playdough before the session and store in a air tight container when not in use.

Potato Stamping - Cut shapes out of the potatoes before the session and have the children use the potato stamps and paint to stamp pictures onto paper/card.

Butterfly Painting - Fold paper/card in a half, paint onto one side, fold over and press, open to see picture.

Sweet Wrappers - Drawing of Animals etc, stick the sweet Wrappers to cover the picture Cut the animal etc out.

Spiders - Use Egg boxes and pipe cleaners, black paint or black tissue paper etc to cover the spider.

Hand and Feet Printing - Can be used for calendars or special keepsafes, cards etc. Use finger paints, cover hand or foot and print onto paper/card and add a little poem, don't forget to add the childs name and age.

Chocolate Crispy Cakes - Adult melts chocolate, pour into crispies and mix, divide evenly between cake cases.

Handmade Cards - Use Die Cuts, emblishments, ribbon, etc let the children stick them to the front of a card add a little poem in the inside. Don't forget a little handmade by sticker on the back of the card.

Gift Tags - Same as above add a little ribbon to hand on a gift.

Hope these help, will post some more as I think of them, I have a list of crafts somewhere, but will have to find them.