This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
clothes shop

I'm looking to set up a clothes shop in my area, but selling clothes that are a little i don't know funkier?, similar to the sort of stuff they sell in affleck palace rather than the stuff you'd find in high street store. Ithink i have a perfect location, because apart from afflecks and a few other place in the centre of manchester there really isn't anywhere around here selling this sort of clothing/accesories and from where i'm planning to start it its approx 45 minutes from manchester, and its on the tram line so its very easy to get to.

The main problem i'm having at the moment is finding suppliers.I've looked at the trader and through various search's i've found a few other. I'm looking to doing my businees plan so obviously i need some sort of idea how much my stock is going to cost me. At the moment i'm working full time so i have very little spare time to actually go and visit the wholesalers, i was wondering of anyone knew of any suppliers who had websites where i could look at a samples of their stock as i don't seem to be able to find many, also i'm having difficuly getting anything out of some of the wholesalers, i've phoned a few up asking if they have cataloguge i could be sent but they seem very reluctant to let me have them, anyone else experienced this?
Connector
Hi Kelly. Seeing that you are based in Manchester, why not take a trip onto Cheetham Hill to see if you have any luck there? (Also Bury New Road)

Regards
Design R Web Solutions
Guru
Hi Kelly

Are there any trade fairs you could visit? That's how I've found my suppliers, and I found out about the fairs by searching on Google.

Good luck.

Z
Kelly

The clothes show would have been a great place to start, they had a whole load of weird and wonderful, not to mention funky ranges.
I'm sure there must be a brochure or catalogue you can get from the NEC, or a website.

I have a few flyers that I picked up, drop me an email if you are interested in getting some details.

asa@360sales.co.uk
Starting Out
thanks i have a few address of wholesales in manchester and that area that i'm going to contact as soon as i can, it was mainly that at the moment i don't have a lot of spare time to go round becuase i'm still woking fulltime till the end of the month, so i was looking for site/ catalogues that i could just look at whenever i had spare time.

I hadn't thought of trade fairs but i'll definately have a look, that could be very useful i would imagine i could pick up a lot of information/contacts

and thanks asa i'll mail you for that info

thanks everyone
Fashion

Hi Kelly,
I'm designing a range of accessories and eventaully clothes, let me know when your up and running.

Melissa
melissa@helyer-donaldson.com