This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
What's a White Label business?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what a 'White Label' business is or in my case a website and how does it work?

Thanks

GB.
Connector
Whitelabelling is where you take a product from a supplier, ie. take wholesale broadband from BT, and then repackage it under your own brand name to sell on.

Benefits are you can build your brand name, although you'll be responsible for the billing and technical support of your customers. This can be expensive to start off, especially billing platforms.

HTH
Dear GB,

White labelling doesn't have to be expensive you can successfully resell third party services without running up huge bills but be careful which you choose.

We offer some white label products, however I'm not sure any of them are suitable for your site, however we do not charge for set up, we do the billing and there's no risk from your side.

Good luck with your venture.

Michelle
Connector
Michelle,

Do you do the billing in the customers name?
Hello,

Most of our solutions involve billing via premium rate telephone, our resellers are then given stats on their numbers performance and we pay them accordingly.

However we've built white label websites for clients particularly for recruitment job boards and yes the billing is be done in the name of the customer.

I'm interested in your mobile antics site - is that your own or a white label website? we have a few people approach us about offering logos and ringtones on their site if you'd be interested in working with us?

Michelle
Connector
It's whitelabel, but if there's anyway I can help, I'm all up for that.
Starting Out
Thanks...

Thanks for the information everyone, I am only toying with the idea at the moment as I was approached by another company selling gadgets & boys toys.

Maybe because I have a catchy domain name?, so I am exploring all avenues before making a decision.

Thanks again

GB