This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
cheque is fine but we cannot activate hosting until the cheque has cleared.

At the moment we are unable to accept debit card payments.

If you have any further questions please get in touch.

Regards
Barry
Maven
Whats happening with your website and hosts? I'm trying to get my website up and running but haven't been able to . Is this a common thing?
Connector
Hi Craig

I think Mega Unix are using http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/ for their hosting (judging by the name server records at any rate)

There are no reported problems with hosting unlimited and pinging their domain name returns a response from the server so I suggest its a server admin issue.

I advise you get on the phone to mega unix directly, how long it takes a hosting company to get their own site restored in the event of a failure will tell you a lot about what you can expect if your own site goes down.

If you are still experiencing problems after a couple of hours, dont hesitate to drop us a line, we have almost three years of continuous "Top 10 hosting company in the UK" reliability ratings!

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com
Maven
Thanks for the info.
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see what happens up until the end of the day. I'm at work at the mo and i don't think theyd appreciate me calling megaunix about hosting problems.
Connector
I hope it is all resolved to your satisfaction rapidly, of course if you were not working for someone else and the hosting was a crucial part of your business you would probably be tearing hair out, drinking too many cups of tea and shouting at the cat/dog/colleagues by now...

Best of luck with it and if we can be of assistance we will help you get the site up and running asap (perhaps even a livewire discount to help soothe your nerves)

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com
Maven
Thanks again. To be honest, it was the fact that the hosting was 25.00 for the year that got my attention. At the minute my website ideas are in their infancy and I have plenty of things to add functionality wise that i want to play with and the Megaunix server had what i needed.

On a side note, i just visited Barry's fofusion website and it says the account has been suspended - I hope this isn't a bad sign.....
Maven
OK Panic Time. I can't get any of the details becuse lie an idiot, I deleted my emails yesterday thinking i didn't need them any more. I've tried searching for site:www.megaunix.net for any cached pages containing contact info and... Nowt!!!

Is there any chance that someone on here has dealt with barry (aka fofusion.co.uk). I paid by cheque last Friday, and its been taken out of my account. All I can remeber is he lives in Falkirk. If anyone can help, please email me .

Thanks

Craig
Maven
If you look up the domain you can get his address details.

Is it a coincidence that fofusion.com is registered to someone in Falkirk too? there's a telephone number on those details when you look up the domain.
Maven
cool i'll try it out. I did receive a call from him last week on my mobile, but lo and behold. With held number.

I should point out that I am still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. Its new and it could be just teething problems, but nonetheless, I want my website up and running!!!
Maven
if you look up megaunix.net his phone number is on that
Connector
If you have no joy let me know. We can instantly set an account up for you when you pay by credit/debit card...
Maven
UPDATE

Just to let people know, and not to tarnish Barry and Megaunix...

All is in the process of being resolved. As I suspected, teething problems (thank goodness)

I thought it was best to mention this as we all have to start somewhere and if theres one bad apple in the cart, it would spoil the whole bunch. And I don't want to be that apple!!!!!
Connector
I know this is really off topic and may cause some upset, but I have never been able to go with hosing company that I believe are using a website template for there site.

Regards
Brett White
Adventures in Creative Design
Connector
May I ask why? I haven't taken any offence but surely the the support from a hosting company is more important than the fact that they have used a template for the design!

There is more to hosting than just the design of the site...
Connector
Its just me I guess, not saying they are a bad host, just like to think that they could invest in having a unique design, not a pre built option, if you see what I mean, just a personel opinion.

Regards
Brett White
Adventures in Creative Design