This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Stuck for business ideas? Try these...

Hi all,
I've spent the last god-knows-how-many years dreaming up exciting new business ideas, admittedly some better than others, but I thought I'd share some with the forum - I know how hard it is thinking of that fantastic new idea!

Feel free to use or develop any that jump out at you. Give me a shout if any do, as I've done some work into most of these and will be able to provide some great pointers!

- A once-in-a-lifetime adventure travel company: Organise a trip for say 10-15 people to do something really exciting, e.g. climb Mont Blanc/Kilimanjaro etc, sail the atlantic, walk the Gobi. One price, inclusive of guide, flights etc etc.

- Grow your own plants: Aimed at kids; provide nicely decorated plant pots, compost and seeds to grow in your own home/school. Plants, fruit, veggies etc with an educational narrative so they can learn about biology.

- Frisbee Golf: A van (or static) based business that caters for events, parties, team building etc etc. Get some frisbees, some baskets, some guidelines and off you go.

- Estate Agent Photography: Take excellent quality photographs for estate agents to really help sell the properties on their books. Most estate agent photography is terrible, but good photographs of the best assets of a property will certainly help it sell.

- High-class gadget covers: For example, carbon fibre iPhone cases, brushed aluminium iPad cases, leather, fine wood etc etc. Well branded to promote 'desire' for the products.

- Carbon Fibre vehicle wrapping: Source some carbon fibre vinyls and wrap parts of cars to give a 'professional' sports car look. Appeals especially to those who modify their cars (or Kevs as they are affectionately known where I live).

- Crowdsource gift ideas via retailers: Post a gift request on a website (e.g. Gift for 30 year old lady's b'day) and retailers get back to you with their ideas and a cost (inc. postage) for the gift.

- Cruiser bicycle rental: Live by the sea or in a scenic area? Get some street cruiser bikes and rent them out to tourists. Could even include things like longboard and Gauswheel rentals.

- A *Local* sandwich shop: Fill sandwiches with locally sourced ingredients, state how far away the ingredients have come. Name off-the-shelf sandwiches with the towns where their ingredients have come from. If ingredients aren't available within an X radius of your premises, you don't use them. Even packaging etc would be locally sourced. Crowdsource ingredients.

- Events Location Finder: Offer a service where owners of ice property/large estates can rent out their land or house for a specific event or wedding. Estate owner gets cash incentive, you take a commission. Ties in nicely with events organisers..

- Inspirational Events for young people: Events designed to inspire young people, with talks from inspirational people, held in inspirational locations. Young people attend free of charge; you charge for advertising space.

Hopefully that's enough to get your imagination flowing for now.

Good luck!

Thanks,
FatEyedFish
Connector
Any reason why you haven't pursued these yourself?

Mark
Yes. I am focusing my attention on my ideas in which I can have more of an impact - where I have more experience and interest. I have obviously not listed those on a public forum!
Starting Out
Really appreciate you posting these ideas, Mr FatEyedFish! It's hard to let your ideas out into the public, but some of these are really good foundations and well targeted.