This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Entrepreneur
How To Brand Yourself As An Expert In Your Business Even If You Just Started It 5 Min

The process of uncovering and marketing your core competencies to meet an audiences needs, resulting in your financial freedom and fulfillment is called branding. Personal branding is "about determining who you are at your core authentic self, rather than inventing a brand that you would like to be perceived as. Branding is very important for freelancers and small business entrepreneurs or home business entrepreneurs and plays a vital role to generate leads when use it intelligently.

Strong personal branding strategies can help you to create a successful, satisfying and stunning solo career. Here's how to go about building a personal brand for your business.

- Develop your personal brand i.e. Article writing; maintain blog, comments on blogs and forums etc.

- The most effective way of doing branding is through assuming a leadership role (such as President of a community group or industry organisation), networking, writing, speaking and being quoted in the media.

- Visibility creates the presumption of quality. People assume because they see a person all the time, he or she must be superior to others offering the same product or service.

Remember, strong personal brands take several years to build up, while it takes seconds to destroy.
Thanks for your recommendations!I think that creating a personal brand is a very important step in building a career. I am sure that a key to success is to choose a right business sector and do something you are pretty good at.Then you can become a professional and offer a quality product,what importantly raises your chances to build a successful career.Also I think that it's really breathtaking to work on creating on your brand, nobody can tell you what you should do and what steps you should take, so it's yours and only task the way you will position yourself and a product or service you're offering.
Starting Out
I would suggest the best way to be an expert in your niche is to pick one problem and solve it in very simple steps....Then move on to the next problem. Never try and solve all issues straight away.