This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by shamrocker
I have always banked with HSBC too, but when I set up my first business account it was with LloydsTSB because they had a branch that was near hand and therefore very convenient for doing the banking. I had a couple of bad experiences with LloydsTSB, albeit minor issues, so I decided to move to HSBC for the business too. I found the Business Manager to be much better than the one with LloydsTSB and the bank were generally more helpful.

Although I would recommend using HSBC, my main point is that there two distinct advantages with using your own personal bank for business banking. One is that you already have a hsitory with them, so when you need to discuss your business needs they will be more likely to support you - IF your history is a good one! They will also be like to support you when you need to discuss personal requirements - because they will already have an insight into your business, and so will be less likely to require a few years accounts when you apply for a mortgage, loan, etc. The second main advantage, is that when it comes to paying yourself, an online transfer of funds from your business account to your personal account will usually be instantaneous, rather than 3 days with another bank.

HSBC are currently offering 2 years free banking and £75 worth of Google Adwords - so they might be worth a try for thias reason alone.
It's funny, I've had pretty much the opposite, bene with HSBC for years, found them awful.

Moving all my accounts to Triodos soon
Connector
I suppose it depends on the individual staff you deal with. I may have been lucky in that the staff I have dealt with for all my personal and business dealings have been pretty good and very helpful and fair. Most of it boils down to 'the computer says YES' or 'NO' in most cases anyway. But building a good rapour with the staff will usually help because they will take more time to try to help you 'fill the computer's criteria'.
Guru
I had an account with HBOS, and after ten years I closed my account because they were demanding £1,000 + 27.5%apr in (unlawful?) penalty charges.

But before I closed this account, I approached RBS and sat down with a manager and explained the situation with HBOS. and he opened a new business account for me without any problems.
Telephone. 0141 255 0199
Starting Out
triodos

i have heard alot about triodos, could you tell me how u get on>
Connector
I've never heard of one but typing that into google brought up www.triodos.co.uk ... find all your information there

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Connector
Re: triodos

Quote:
Originally posted by PARCEL CENTRE
i have heard alot about triodos, could you tell me how u get on>
I'll let you know