This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

DEA Training

Hi Everyone, just been reading up on all the comments on the current DEA position. Have done the course just finalising the portfolio, and a thought has occurred after working in the construction industry for 30 years and having to changed career direction I found the portfolio hard going and the inspections and requirements were easy for me to grasp.
Many of the people that have trained are not from a technical background but Office/Mangerial and find the portfolios easy so it begs the question who will finish the course and become accredited and who will drop out.

The portfolios are a total nightmare if you havent been in an office environment how can you assume what procedure is what, where as on site I need not assume as I generally know.

Im sticking it out as I want to achieve it but the training courses do not allow for this.