This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Getting People To Purchase

Hi i am about to let my website go live it is a classified website charging £2.95 for a customer to place the advert for unlimited time and with colour photos, text, contact info and more. is this a good price for this?

Also how can I get businesses and the public to place their ads on my website??? dont want to go live with a blank website with nothing to offer.
Entrepreneur
Hello Xtisyn,

This is a difficult question to answer, but perhaps I can help through the comments below:

If I was to consider advertising on your site I would want to know:

How many hits your site was getting (ie how many people were visiting).
How you intend to market your site going forward (a cost per click program for instance? Or basic search engine optimisation? Or a reciprocal link strategy, or a combination of all three?).
I'd also check to make sure your site was going to attract my likely audience. Will your site be appropriate for my target customer?
I'd also be looking at the overall quality of your site - is it well put together? Will it reflect well on my brand being advertised on there?

In terms of the £2.95 price, what are your competitors charging? What are you own costs? Do consider these before setting a price.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck,

All best,

P Martin