This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Direction Advice Wanted

I've had a busy year a bit at work, and after a few more months of turmoil I should have a pretty good period from September onwards, so I've turned my attention back to my sadly neglected website.

Essentially, getting the website just how I want it has become a bit of nightmare, mostly due to a significant lack of programming and design skill added to a significant lack of funding. Right now, I think the website needs some pretty serious work before it's in a state to be offered for public consumption.

I'm thinking about pulling my website, stripping the idea to its bare essentials - graduate to graduate classified adds, removing a lot of the funky little features I'd like to have and so on. I'd end up with something that looked and functioned a lot like Gumtree. I'm thinking of using XZero Community Classifieds as I think I should be able to customise and spruce them up to an adequete level by myself.

So my question is this - do you think I should wait, build up a war chest and improve, tweak, fix the original Gradpads website; or should I strip out, get something up and running that is promotable and build upon it/change it in the future?

Thanks for reading and hopefully offering an opinion. The website is http://www.gradpads.com.