This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Please help.

I need some help on how to start up my own business.

I have a business idea and already do it as a hobby but i havn't a clue on what the first thing i need to do is. Im reading up on things i need to do but there is so many and i don't know where to start.

Please help
Entrepreneur
HI

Hello,

I have set up a few business myself, so i guess i could help. However, as you don't know where to start...neither do i !

whats your bisiness and whats the major probs? This could be a start.

Karl
kal27@hotmail.com
The Big IDEA

OK here we go: My business idea is to digitally edit photographs.

The basic services would include
Merging photo's together to create an ideal family photo or taking objects or people out of photos.

I would also repair old photos i.e take out creases, or recreate parts of the photo that has been ripped of etc.

this is just the basis on what the business would be, what i want to know is what is the first step to get this business up and running??

any advice is appriciated
Connector
Sounds like a good idea and as you already do it as a hobby, thats a bonus. On how to turn it into a business depends on how you want to approach it.

Do you want to have a retailers? An online service? Both? The cheapest way (and quickest) would be to have a website and run it that way. The advantage of doing this would be cheaper, quicker, run from home, flexible hours...etc

If you want a retailers, you would need to consider, rent, rates, electric, travel expenses, fixture & fittings....etc

I would arrange a meeting with your local Business Link, who should be able to help you. (Legal, business plans, profit/ loss..etc) Then do some research on what you need. (i.e. look for premises, web host, web designer and get some price quotes Then start to apply your pricing to cover your overheads and see if it a viable business.

Hope that helps
Design R Web Solutions
Thank you very much for the advice

having an online service is what i would go for.
i will look into what you have suggested and more than likely be back to ask some more questions.

I have a little stepping stone to start on now

thanx Designr

Anyone who can provide me any services please leave details and i will have a look x
Maven
Hi There

If you are after a webdesign you can contact us Website or email

On a digital art / photo note i have just starting a portal site for this it is in total development stage but look around The Gallery The Photo Site
info@chilleddesign.com

http://www.chilledhosting.com
Maven
If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org , and you are within the 16-30 age group, you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the first time' and 'Writing your first Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea, plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site.
Registering also means you will be given details of a local co-ordinator who can help you with starting your business.
To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Your Account' from the navigation options at the bottom of the web pages.