This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Hi Sarah

It might be an idea to target an actual industry. have a look in your local or regional press, find out who is holding events and whether they have organised them themselves or whether someone else did. Perhaps govt initatives or educational organisations would be a good starting point. You could find out details on the web and or wirte via email or letter to save on telephone costs. However telephone will probably be quicker.

I hope that this is of some help
How do I know who to target?

I am a student producing a business plan for a module I am currently taking. My business is to be a small events planning company. I have recieved advice telling me to target 50 companies initially trying to gain them as clients however I do not have a clue where to obtain a list of companies that do not have the resources to organise corporate events themsleves and that i may target as potential clients??? where can I find out which sort of companies to ring without running up huge phonebills contacting irrelevant people???