This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Logo design costs?

Hi,

I'm wondering what the costs of a logo design are for print and web.

I understand that there will be different prices for different designs. However, I'm after a basic black and white copy due to living off a student's budget!

I've designed a very basic design as to how I want my logo to look. (please take a look and please don't laugh! Graphic designer I am not!)

I would like to include maybe a orbital line circling around the writing or some type of picture included.

http://tinypic.com/23mlhs

Any info, suggestions, comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
Connector
Hello!

We do professional logo designs - if you would like a quote send me an email at natalie@elaborations.co.uk and I can send you our logo design brochure.

Thanks,

www.whichwebdesigncompany.co.uk
Be confident in your choice - Rate and review your web design company here!
Connector
I have seen your logo sketch. Why dont you just wait until you have enough to have a proper logo. Logo will be your business identity. You could use the wording you have done in the meantime and get a designer to do one later. It will be a pain trying to get someone to touch it up few months down the line.

I had my logo done for 150 but i am happy with it
raiden
I'll be happy to put together a corporate logo for you.

Send me email with what exactly you want and Ill send you some ideas and a quote.

cmcfarland@gmail.com
Entrepreneur
packavelli, personally I think a logo really makes the company and gives the right image and professionalism. After all it is going on your website, cards and letterheading.

I use a design forum when I have logos done, costs about $100-150 and it's great because you put up all your requirements and many professional designers have a go. You can then choose the one you want and suggest changes all for that price. PM/email (amberene @ amberene.com) me if you want the website, I don't have it to hand.
Connector
I personally wouldn't have an orbital line or any other kind of orbit on a logo - that's so out of date now.
Guru
Yeah but maybe I could make it retro chic! haha

Thanks for all the comments and help guys!
Guru
I know a designer who is building their portfolio, and can do black and white for 25 and colour for 35

Email me if you would like more info.

robnights@gmail.com

Rob
Guru
sorry why would you charge more for colour?

BLACK PEPPER DESIGN
Graphic Design for Print + Logo + Websites

Guru
It's not me setting the prices, so im not sure. maybe because trying to find the right colours takes a lot of time?

Rob
Connector
Nah it because colour crayons cost more than pencils!!

Sorry I couldn't resist that and ALL logo deigners note that that comment was most definately tongue in cheek!

Packavelli - Its worth spending the time and money getting your logo done professionally by one of the guys and gals above. Long term a logo is for life not just for Christmas and what may seem a lot of money (or not) now is more of a long term investment...
Connector
Phil

You made me laugh!!! But you are totally right in what you are saying! I'd personally steer away from those designers who charge 30 for a "decent" logo...I don't want a "decent logo", I want great, fantastic logo for my business, the best presentation of what I do in the simplest but creative form! I noticed that the word "decent" comes up more often than the word "great"??? Do we only have decent designers out there?
Guru
yes indeed, someone who quotes 35 - how can they make any money on that!!!!!! we are always up against people who charge peanuts on here and so we tend not to quote now as it's a waste of time.

Generaly I think if someone isn't charging at least 500 for a logo they will only spend 5 mins cobbleng it together - or be out of business very quickly. Sorry but it's true! it's like anything - you get what you pay for.

BLACK PEPPER DESIGN
Graphic Design for Print + Logo + Websites

Connector
From what I gather, logos range from anything from 50 - 200

Good luck.

x
Guru
Thanks for all the input everyone.

Robnights emailed me with an example of his friend's work, and it's actualy very good.

If his friend hasn't established him/herself yet, then I would of thought they would have to do their work cheap to build up their portfolio.

When I eventually start, I know I'll have to offer my services for free! Just to build up a client list and experience.

I personally think 500 for a logo design is pretty expensive! But hey! What do I know? (And no offence to the skilled and exellent designers on here!)

Cheers!