This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
memo and articles

Hi folks,
I am living in ireland and starting up a business renting out warehousing space.

i am looking for samples of memo's/articles of association required for starting up a business.

I want to get samples so i can know my self what we want b4 going into a solicitors,, or maybe bypassing the solicitors altogether.

Any way thanks for the hlp.
D
Connector
You only need Memorandum and Articles of Association if you are settin up a limited company, otherwise you do not need them. You can set up a limited company yourself and the relevent documentation can be found at http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk. All you need to do is fill in the forms and send them back with your fee.

Craig

Sam Walton - Founder of Wal-Mart
Connector
I suspect that the law is somewhat different in Ireland.

Try checking out the Irish government's website which has useful links.

And if you are in actual fact in Northern Ireland then:

a) Say so because it is not actually part of the Republic of Ireland (or Ireland as it is commonly referred to!) And I say this as someone from a big Irish family - forget the romanticism!

b) Check out innovateur's website which has useful docs on there
http://www.innovateurs.com/

marketeer@lycos.co.uk
Starting Out
thanks guys for the reply, i am in south of ireland and it is in fact a ltd company i am setting up.

I was hoping i could set it up myself, without paying a solicitor or accountant, so i am really just looking for guidance.

I irish government sites basically tell you what to do not how to do it, so any help would be great.

By the By has anyone here set up a ltd company without the help of any professionals and have they encountered any problems, ie items they left out that is coming back to haunt them..

Cheers again folks