This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

License Agreements

Hi
Could anyone please offer any advice in dealing with a "which comes first..Chicken or Egg?" scenario.
I have a business idea which requires the use of particular software. Having been in touch with the developer regarding license agreements they refuse to further the discussion with regards to costs unless I disclose my business proposal. Obviously I can get no protection for a proposal and so we have come to a deadlock.
Any suggestions as to how we might get this moving again?

Thanks
Connector
Possibly make him sign a confidential disclaimer, preventing him from disclosing the information you provide etc

Colin Jarvis
Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions
colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk
Disclosing is one thing but using the idea themselves is another. Any idea how this might stand up internationally. The software developer is based in Canada and I'm in the UK.
what software is it ??
Guru
not sure how ethical this is but is there another use for the software you could tell the developer it is for? just to make sure they're not on the trail of your idea.

I may also be missing something but im not sure they should be grilling potential customers on how they will use the software (unless they think it may be illegal). I would just be happy i was getting paid for the product as opposed to it getting passed around as a "shareware" file.

Again, sorry if i missed something but i think its unfair of them to demand to know what you are using software you are paying for

Good luck

We Also Have A New Business Printing Shop
www.ardeerdesign.co.uk/shop.html