This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Vintage Clothing

Hi

I am looking to start up a company selling vintage clothing on the internet. At the moment I am sourcing my clothes from charity shops and Ebay, but I would really like to find a supplier. However, I am having major difficulty trying to find one. I have tried yellow pages, and various search engines. I am based in Scotland which makes things a little harder as I would like to go and choose the clothes myself. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can find a supplier. Any advise would be much appreciated!!
Starting Out
Hi, we are the agent of a clothes manufacturer in China. We can provide good quality T-shirt, women's wear, men's wear, sports wear and fashion accessories(Barrette, Brooch, Necklace, Bracelet, Ring, Earing, Scarves, Crown, Pendant and Girdle). Any enquiry will be welcomed. Email: tonycoco_99@yahoo.com. We can provide samples.
Connector
vintage?

Tangoapple, is that vintage clothing you sell?

Regards

Amanda
Hi Amanda

I am guessing not! Sounds as though they manufacture new clothing.

Can anyone else offer any advice on how I can find a Vintage (ie 2nd hand/antique) Clothes supplier?

Thanks
Connector
sourcing

Don't they have lots of these types of stores/stalls in London? Could you hire someone in London to source these items for you, maybe on a part time basis?

Regards

Amanda
Hi

I would prefer to choose my own clothes at the moment until I get a feel for the type of clothes that will sell the best. Also, I was hoping to find a supplier to keep costs down as far as possible and hopefully increase the profit margin. I am finding that Charity shops tend to know the value of the good quality garments and charge accordingly.