This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
looking to invest

my name is vicki, and im a 20 year old book keeper.
im looking to get involved with a business via investment, leading to taking a share of the businesses profits.
im looking for people around my age who are looking to go places!
i dont have a serious amount of money, but have lots of enthusiasm and an eye for business.
if you think maybe we could build something successful together, please email me, or you can ring or text me on my mobile, 07776238188.
thankyou!!
Define invesment! Business angel? Venture cap? Equity markets?
Starting Out
im open to all ideas!
Entrepreneur
Stocks

Hi vicki,

I'm 21 and I have been into equity markets for a while, in particular Stocks. They require a lot of reading and learning about analysing shares. There are loads of different strategies; I'm into long-term growth so I look for stocks that will give good long-term capital gains. There are hundreds of websites with recourses and stuff if youre interested

You don't need to be rich to start, you just need to be enthusiastic, learn quickly from mistakes, and accept that you won't win all the time!

best wishes
Austin
Stocks & Shares

Austin, i'm 20 and also into shares. I go for income i.e. companies which pay a solid dividend. If you want to get in touch e-mail me at: Hsandhu@bun.com
Starting in Business

Hi Vicki, i'm also 20 and looking to go into business. I can come up with about 4,000 but am more interested in starting a business from scratch. I have 2 business ideas, one a TV Production company and second a Bar idea. E-mail me at: Hsandhu@bun.com

Good Luck!!
Funding a Business

Hi Vicki, i'm also 20 and looking to go into business. I would prefer to start a business from scratch, and currently have 2 ideas for a business, one a TV Production company and the second a Bar. E-mail me at: Hsandhu@bun.com for further info. Good Luck!!
Entrepreneur
Hi vicki, I also have a number of business concepts and I'm looking for ways of getting started. like pavanjot, i'd like to start fromn scratch. Let me know if you're interested.

PS where are you based?
Connector
Trojan

I don't think these members are here anymore. The post is nearly 2 years old. I guess you have done a lot of searching to find that one!

I would like to add one thing, while buying shares and making money is not be sniffed at, is it really business? I thought to many on here it was about the creation (like Trojan said, "starting from scratch") of business and real wealth as opposed to a quick or even long term profit off the back of someone else.

Views?

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Good point as usual adam... but arnt you investing in business? so it is still business i think.

Open to the floor to argue away

Take VISA/Mastercard in muliple currencies. 26 setup fee. 2Checkout have processed over $100M in transactions!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by kermey
Open to the floor to argue away
Discussion Kermey, Discussion!

Of course the argument is valid that I am investing in business but in addition I am creating that company. Investing in a small company in a big way is different as I am helping it launch but investing ven 20,000 in Tesco is doing nothing to help, it is just getting me money off the back of thousands of hard workers and some managers.

Terry (their boss) wouldn't notice if I took my 20,000 out. He wouldn't phone me and say "alright me old china what ya sold ya shares for son?

Hello adam,

I'm a 24yr old entreprenuer with a business idea looking to raise 200k. My weakness in this new venture lies in my management team, I'm a stand-alone for now but will be employing an experienced senior manager + a non-executive director.

I've already spent over 9k on Market Research (via a research company). The funds were from my successful web design/hosting site I started 7months ago:

http://www.acetechosting.com

This was about the same time I begun my final year computer science degree. I've recently put my degree on hold to pursue my venture.

Are you a SERIOUS business investor ? If so get in touch with me to know more...

Kind Regards
entreprenuer
Entrepreneur
hi entrepreneur,

this post is 2 years old, doubt vickyf's still around. I made the same mistake.
Connector
Yes, the post is old but as Entrepreneur asked a squestion I guess I should answer.

I think a lot of us have ideas for business that needs 200K and above. I have around 4 at the moment although one only needs 80K!

I have to concentrate on smaller ideas first. Life sucks but it is very hard so I wish you luck as I am sure it is a brilliant idea.

I am not an investor, the 20K in Tesco was an example and my investment is usually limited to my own stuff that needs only 1,000 - 3,000 investment at a time.

Feel free to start a new post with your ideas or questions. I do not think there are any large investors on this board, or at least non that have come forward.

HI Vicky,

I am a business owner of a profitable (potentialy hignly profitable) business in the Design-led gift and Contemporary Home Accessory market place.

I would be interested to discuss how we could combine forces to take my company to a new level.

You can reach me by e-mail antonio@studiofusion.co.uk or phone 0207 9284838

Antonio