cc123
19-12-2005, 10:29 AM
what do u think of the new workout

http://www.cameroncaine.co.uk/workouts/catspecial.html

and its a gurl!!

Phil
19-12-2005, 12:06 PM
She's hot! ;)

I must say cam, you really have got a great thing going there. You site is fun, exciting, and best of all, good for you! Well done. I've especially enjoyed your newsletters and can't wait to show off my new abs an biceps when I head off to warmer climates!

What happened to the page with user comments by the way?

Belinda
19-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Looks very impressive. As a gurl myself I think it's tasteful, and a routine to suit girls not just to suit men who like to look at girls.... :-)

Cheers,
Belinda
www.pinkenvy.co.uk

Amsey
19-12-2005, 12:40 PM
What I like about this is that I can do it in the privacy of my living room! I have a much neglected swiss ball so I may give this a go later.

I have just downloaded your 24 podcast so a trip to the gym is called for tonight- wish me luck!

Rachael
19-12-2005, 12:45 PM
looks fab cam. how long is it going to stay up there? Need to get fit after christmas so will be having a go! :D

cc123
19-12-2005, 12:51 PM
it will be up there for as long as the site is up. hopefully a podcast to go with tongiht. Cat is a lovely gurl :) she really helped me out with that. thanks guys hope u like it. more workouts heading ur way soon. :P

Play!!
19-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Looking smart that Cam. Cat's a nice name, I like her. I havnt got one of those ball things so I cant take part in this one yet.:(

Keep it up mate, doing well now. Dont forget about that office workout either, Im waiting for that one.

ScottishLad
19-12-2005, 04:51 PM
looks wicked mate, loving how you put the whole website together gives it that little extra fun side to something which is normally seen as quite routine.

your onto a winner I think, keep it up

nomio
19-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I think it looks great and really interesting.
I think it's a really good idea the whole site I mean.
I think you've still failed to convince me that exercise is nice!!!!

No seriously it works really well. Just quickly though (sorry I'm picky) Has your model got an unusual name or is there a spelling mistake at the bottom of it?

cc123
19-12-2005, 07:39 PM
thanks nomio. there are loads of speling mistakes... im lame at that. plus i think i have flu now - im in bed :(

but thanks for ur comments

JustOneUK
19-12-2005, 08:21 PM
do you sell those 'ball thingies' on your site?

Scotland Advertising (http://www.justoneuk.com/Scotland/Scotland.htm) | Wales Advertising (http://www.justoneuk.com/Wales/Wales.htm)

cc123
19-12-2005, 08:24 PM
no but I probably should

Phil
20-12-2005, 12:32 AM
When I was sharing a flat with 5 people last year, we all had one of those balls each :D Kinda like a modern-day pillow fight when we got a little drunk

Edit: Argos - 5 i think

JustOneUK
20-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by cc123
no but I probably should

I would, and other equipment, finger grip spring things, training mats, clothing possbly, rowing machines??
If you have a fitness market, where are your customers getting their supplies? don't say you are letting them shop elsewhere.

good luck.
James

Scotland Free Classifieds (http://www.justoneuk.com/Scotland/Scotland.htm) | Wales Free Classifieds (http://www.justoneuk.com/Wales/Wales.htm)

cc123
20-12-2005, 12:42 PM
im letting them shop elsewhere....

openmind
20-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by cc123
im letting them shop elsewhere....

Now there's an opportunity if I ever saw one ;)

SBar
20-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi cc123,

I think you should look into providing some premium content with the sales of sports equipment as well, i.e. added value.

People then get the free side of your site with newsletters and workouts + podcasts. They can buy equipment from you with premium content specific to that item (or possibly the premium content if they already have those items).

Just brainstorming a bit for you but I would look into providing a virtual gym kind of service. People pay 10-20 a year or something (with a month trial or something) during which time they can use your website to monitor their workout progress, you (or your qualified staff) can help them improve in which areas they want by providing advice from a knowledgebase or responding to questions about certain workouts.

These people on the gym service would receive discounts on the equipment you sell as well as receive premium content for free which others would pay for. Also you would have a community there which tends to knit things together and keeps people locked in.

I'm sure you already thought of this kind of thing.

On a personal level I'm not sure if I'd go for this kind of service, I've signed up for your newsletter but fitness wise I tend to just lift a few weights at home and sometimes work out with a 'game' called YourselfFitness which is a bit more dynamic.

Speaking of dynamic though.. (i'm going off on one here) you could create segments of a podcast and the use a program to stitch together the different elements of a workout to create individual podcasts for people on a day to day basis. You could do the same thing with video as well so it would be like a constantly changing workout video (just watch a new video streamed every day).

Thats enough brainstorming for now, back to work :)
Feel free to bounce these ideas around here or privately though if you go at it fulltime. I could probably sort some of the technology out for you for the more crazy of those ideas if I'm not too snowed under.

cc123
20-12-2005, 01:34 PM
I just looked on iTunes and im number 10 in the top health podcasts. pretty cool. ive only done 2 so far as well so better get on :P

gwhaskew
20-12-2005, 02:09 PM
ive only done 2 so far as well so better get on :P

yeah that confused me on your site a few weeks ago i thought there were more and i thought i had a download problem...

G

gwhaskew
20-12-2005, 02:14 PM
ps... just been on to Itunes... found you straight away... and was able to download very easily and quickly... I actually think it was better than when i was trying to download them from your website.

cc123
20-12-2005, 02:22 PM
i guess thats the point of itunes....thats why I have a one click itunes subscribe button on the site. there is some dude doing exactly the same thing at #4 tho so im a bit annoyed - but his are rubbish anyway

nomio
20-12-2005, 02:35 PM
You are definatley missing a trick with the equipment but sourcing, pricing and selling the stuff may take up alot of time that you can't spare.

Why not try and get a reciprocal deal going with an existing equipment supplier. everybody gains on a monetary level as well as a customer satisfaction level.

I would say you have a strong pitch for equipment sellers as there is no doubt we are all a bit bone idle. If you are being told "do this on an exercise ball- oh and here's where you buy one" 9 times out of ten you'd buy it there and then.

I know we do well out of our little retail area we set up in sessions. You can buy the same things in any art and craft or toy shop probably a little cheaper to be honest. But this way the mums can buy them with no extra effort required.

Naomi
www.stickybobs.com

cc123
20-12-2005, 02:39 PM
i know I could probably be making some money already. but I have plans n order. I just dont have anough time right now to execute them properly, so I am going to grow slowly util I am 100% sure that I can go full time and make good money.
thanks for all the advice tho - im taking it all onboard

HellyB
21-12-2005, 08:39 AM
With the new year fast approaching, everyone will have that sudden urge to get fit and loose weight following an over indulgent christmas... have you thought about contacting your local paper and trying to get a bit of free PR?

Plus, there'll be a lot of people starting to train for fun runs and marathons soon... why not get in touch with a local charity and offer to give people who are raising money for them free training advice? Most charities have a newletter which gets distributed to those who support the charity so it will be more free publicity.

Rachael
21-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Cam, have you thought about having a 'home workout' section? For those who a) can't afford the gym, b) don't like the gym c) prefer to be outside or exercise at home?

srattigan
26-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Looks Good, Not sure the technique is as sound as I would like tho. :P

SR!