PDA

View Full Version : Sending stock to Sweden - advice needed please!

Fashion Junkie
23-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I have had an order from Sweden, and need to send a carton of stock. What kind of documentation do I need to send? Are there certain customs documents that I need? I am also unsure about charging VAT.

Sorry for sounding daft, but this is the first international bulk order I have had!

Would appreciate any advice.

openmind
23-11-2005, 12:21 PM
OK firstly are you VAT registered and what are the items you are sending?

Fashion Junkie
23-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Great, someone that can help! Yes, I am VAT registered, and I am sending a carton of clothing.

openmind
23-11-2005, 08:22 PM
OK Sweden is a member of the EU. Therefore if you are selling the goods to a non-VAT registered business you need to charge VAT at 17.5%

I'm fairly sure that VAT applies at the full rate to clothing but ring HMCE to make sure.

If you are selling the goods to a VAT registered business, get them to supply proof such as their VAT registration documents and you will not have to add VAT to the bill. Likewise they will not be able to claim it back! ;)

I would include a full invoice (once you have settled whether you are to charge them VAT or not) as well as a bill of shipping clearly showing what is in the delivery. I would also ensure that you provide a signature or company stamp to show that the goods were checked in full before you sent them as well as sealing the box with a tamper proof seal.

Fashion Junkie
23-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Cheers Phil, that's really helpful. The company I am selling to is VAT registered, they have forwarded their VAT number.

openmind
23-11-2005, 08:37 PM
There ya go, no need to charge VAT :)

Make sure you get proof or ring HMCE to check the number is valid though...

ii3mhz
23-11-2005, 09:12 PM
well i think your answer has been covered, just curious as too where in Sweden your sending it? I lived there for a while as my mum is actually from Norway and we lived in Sweden because of my dads work

gl

Fashion Junkie
24-11-2005, 11:19 AM
It's going to Hagfors and Torsby.