PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

bjg
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Has anyone on here got a ebay shop? If so could they give me some information or advice as I want to start one, I have found the products that I will sell!

So now, if it is realy as good as people say it is I will open my first business venture on EBAY.

All information large and small wil be appreciated!

Thanks

Bill

Play!!
11-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Most of the info you need to know is listed in the help section of the ebay website. It will work if you are prepared to put the time and effort in.

natasha
11-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Have you tested your product out on eBay first before you set up the shop, to establish whether you have a market for your product?

mikipedia
11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
My advice would be to test it with one product, see how it goes. Also see if there is anyone else selling a similar item, check what it sells for. Consider whether you want to sell via auction or the 'buy it now' option. Also a paypal account (free to set up) is very handy for your buyers to pay their invoice.

Good luck!
Michael.

lmbentley
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
We set up an ebay shop at work and it's really easy, you need to have 5 feedback points first. Go to the help section as suggested above and it's all step by step.
Things to have handy first are all your item descriptions, photographs ect, the setting up stage is quite time consuming. Also there are several options as to which type of shop you will have ebay offer a range of options starting from a basic to one where they advertise on site and Feature your store, they also offer a reports system so that you can cross sell, log statistics for sales and market effectively. A good idea is to look at similar stores in your product area and note what you like about them and what seems to be working for them. Also have your rules and regs set before you open, things like how you handle postage/payment disputes. Most big ebay stores list these as terms and conditions directly on the aution page.

We have found it a very cheap way to sell products, even if nothing sells and you have to relist items the cost is mimimal compared to sitting in an empy shop on the high street!

Hope that helps, have fun!!
Lou x