PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking self employment ideas!

nevaeh01
05-11-2005, 06:02 PM
From a young age I always knew I wanted to be self-employed. I had tremendous support from friends and family, and at the age of 18 I started my own commercial cleaning company, with the financial help of my dad (who has many years experience). I decided a year later it wasnt for me although it was obvious it could have been very successful. I am now married and about to turn 22 in 3 weeks, I've been a registered Child minder now for 4 months, but have had zero interest in the business and have done further research and since discovered this area of service is rapidly declining. I am desperate to find something I can do. I have limited skills or qualifications and unfortunately I am very impatient. A very close friend suggested we open special type of night club aimed at a particular audience. I have researched well and found that there is a gap in the market in my surrounding area and feel it's a potentially great idea. I understand that there are a few laws and guidelines, but if I were going to open this venue, where would i start? Or do you have any ideas on what I could do or where I can look for ideas on self employment? All suggestions welcome. Cheers!