PDA

View Full Version : TheBlueCow What does this name sound like

tullster
18-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi I am thinking of using the website name TheBlueCow.com to use for my website which will be aimed at students and clubbers.
What do you think of this name? What were your first impressions? Would you remember this name?

thanks

Play!!
18-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a pub to me. Maybe because there is one close thats called the Cow and Snuffers.

I think I might remember it if there was a big blue cow as the logo too.

Why did you choose that name?

crkian
18-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Theres a Bluecow pub close to us and they mainly try to cater for students and clubbers with themed nights

tullster
18-10-2005, 08:36 PM
It just sort of came into my head. I was trying to think up a name that people would remember and people would be curious as to what it was

ii3mhz
18-10-2005, 09:02 PM
it sounds random, but random is good. So i like it :)

Belinda
18-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm a mum so it reminded me of Cbeebies and the blue cow stories on The Story Makers but the name certainly does stand out.

Cheers,
Belinda
www.pinkenvy.co.uk

JustBlaze
18-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah tullster,
Good idea, and it'll be better with bright blue funny cow on your logo.:D

Phil
18-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I like it. Completely random and memorable. Just make sure it doesn't clash with whatever is at www.bluecow.com et. al.

gwhaskew
18-10-2005, 11:46 PM
don't like it.

not only are there loads of business these days that go by the word 'the' followed by a random colour followed by a random animal(or other random object). these names for me show a lack of imagination. at 1st, a few years ago it was quite cool. but it has been done to death now.

also, clubbers and cows... it really doesn't work for me.

because your aiming at students and clubbers there are so many many avenues you can go down... i don't think this is the right one.( especially if you want to be original.)

please don't take offence to my comments, choosing a name funnily enough is one of the hardest question when starting your business. but for me at least you are going down the wrong road.

Good luck, G.

cc123
19-10-2005, 09:09 AM
dont like it. sorry

Play!!
19-10-2005, 10:18 AM
why dont you do a survay on popular slang words used by students and use something like that, maybe cross one of them words with some random animal or something. They will remember that I think.

cc123
19-10-2005, 10:31 AM
yeah good call. The name RedBull is sure to spawn anything involveing a colour and an animal.
eg. white tiger, blue bull,
personally id go with somehting like club pardise, or something that is branded like you are nightclub yourself. Setting Sun - like that

Sherry_D
19-10-2005, 05:24 PM
CBEEBIES the kids program. there is a blue cow programme

Play!!
19-10-2005, 06:08 PM
hehe all these adults watching Cbeebies. I do know the feeling tho, I had to watch teletubies every time it was on with one of my girlfriends kids. You get used to it in the end and sometimes even enjoy yourself. Good being a kid again, even if it is for half hour at a time.

one2escape
19-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Is the site going to be local or national?

tullster
19-10-2005, 08:16 PM
aim to start locally and then hopefully promote it nationally, if successful. Dont know about the name thebluecow now, still trying to think of a name thats original, memorable and if possible relevant to both students and clubbers. Surprising how hard deciding on a name is.

thanks for all your advice

crkian
19-10-2005, 08:38 PM
'Everybody knows Cows cant have websites' Never thought of blue cow of cbeebies until someone mentioned it