PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone spend a fortune ringing overseas??

adycooney
13-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I have been given the following link to a website which claims it provides a service for you to make overseas phone calls from your mobile phone and have it as part of your inclusive minutes on your existing tarriff.

I have a supplier in America who I call regularly and tried it with them. I have just received my statement from Orange and hey presto it works. I have been advised to keep checking the site to ensure your service provider still supports it.

Hopefully it may save some of you a heap in overseas phone charges. ':D'

Site is http://www.simply-fone.com/

Ady

Inzvestor
13-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Nice one Ady

I use Alpha Telecom which means calls to NZ from my mobile are all free, yet I am charged when calling from a landline (but still less than 3p per minute)

www.alphatelecom.co.uk

Sometimes hard to get a line on days like xmas and new year on these services though.

Martin
13-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Great links there from both of you!

Thanks for posting them, will check them out. Always good to trim a few quid off the bills...

Martin

elaborations
14-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Just wanted to add that Skype is a really great and free option if you want to speak to someone on the other end of a computer. www.skype.com

ii3mhz
14-10-2005, 11:55 AM
skype can be used for a variety of things not just someone sitting at another computer, its based on VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology which allows you with the correct equipment to actually phone out and recieve in coming calls from a land line.

uknumbershop
14-10-2005, 04:12 PM
CountryCall also have good rates too...

www.CountryCall.co.uk