PDA

View Full Version : customer contacts

ajc
29-09-2005, 02:23 PM
i would like to promote a developed product for the building industry, so will need to approach both large diy wholesalers as well as national/local building companies. what is the best way of contacting, promoting & advertising to the people responsible for deciding on new products in large organistions?

annepink
29-09-2005, 03:38 PM
There are so many ways:

Examples

- Invite them to a presentation
- Send a personalised mailer perhaps with CD to demonstrate product
- Tele Markeing to speak to them direct
- Do they attend any trade fairs you could attend?
- E marketing with web link

So which of these might best attract their attention?

Obviously you need to know who the buyers are and you need to be clear as to why you believe your product is a better option.

Don't just consider price though, consider also reliabliity of delivery, quality of product, evidence of satisfied customers (or a testimonial endorsement by an expert).

Hope this helps

ajc
29-09-2005, 04:15 PM
it does help - thanks. i like the idea of setting up a cd for mailing as it can show the application in "real time", without the buyer feeling pressurised by invading his/her personal space by being there in person!! this can obviously be a web link in an email as well - with a follow up call. don't all big companies have email blockers on though??

Statler
29-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Hi,

As Anne said, it will be best to know the name and e-mail/phone number of the contact, especially if you are going to send a CD (which is a great idea), as these will be relatively costly to send out in a 'hit and hope' fashion.

Lee

annepink
29-09-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm sure some companies will have email blockers on but in my experience the vast majority only check for virus's, but if you use designed stationery then that sometimes gets rejected or distorted.

If you use normal post for CDs that won't be a problem of course!

ajc
29-09-2005, 04:28 PM
i definately like the ideas you've suggested as it will be relatively cheap to distribute compared to "face to face" meetings after the initial set up costs - any more would be much appreciated!!