PDA

View Full Version : setting up a new business

alexia
12-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Hi

I would like to open a "french delicatessen" and i am going to start to write my business plan. but i m not sure where to start from there..when do i really need to look for premises, loans, products and the legal side of setting up a business, i ve got some information but would like some clearer advices.
Thanks
alexia

Warlow
17-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Alexia,

You have a number of queries which would take too long to answer here. I suggest you get in touch with your nearest Business Link (www.businesslink.org to check out your nearest one). Arrange an appointment with one of their Advisers and go through all of your points. By the sound of it you haven't had the chance to bounce you're ideas/concerns off anyone but once you do this you'll be able to come up with an Action Plan. This will bring focus to what you need to achieve.
Concenring your point as to when you should address various issues, the answer is, as early as possible! You will be surprised how long certain things can take. The sooner you tackle each job the quicker you can resolve problems which may end up holding you back.
A Business Plan is essential before you approach the Bank and you really need to do his first as it will help crsytalise in your mind the tasks you have to undertake. I have put togther a free e-book on writing Business Plans, if you want one (or anyone else), drop me a note (warlow@smallbusinesssuccess.biz) and I'll send you the details.
So, in summary, sit down with someone, talk and agree a plan.

Best of luck

Rob
www.smallbusinesssuccess.biz

Nagel
18-06-2002, 12:12 PM
If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE, you will recieve an Essential Business Kit which consists of a Business Opportunity Profile on your idea, and two booklets - 'Market Research for the first time' and 'Writing your first Business Plan'.
register online (http://www.shell-livewire.org/register)

lassany
03-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi there,

Did you manage to put your idea in to action?

Red Square
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey!

Firstly can i say thats great advice on using business link - there brillaint guys & help out as much as they can.

Another place you could try for business advice is princes trust. They focus on helping 18-30 year olds starting up business's and depending on your circumstances then you could be eligable for funding as well as business advice and support.

When i was setting up my business, princes trust sent me a blank business pla with suggestion headings and the kinds of things to write in each catogary, really helped me produce a sound business plan - might be worth you doing the same thing?

Their website is: http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/

Also this forum is a great place to get help and advice. There are many people on here with all kinds of experiances' many of which are only more than willing to help out!

Best of luck with your business venture, and if you need anything then just shout up - drop me an email :)