PDA

View Full Version : Database

Adrian78
23-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi,
lm requring a database for my cusomter base. l already have one - i had it made about 2 years ago but its just a little bit too complicated to use. my sister is going to update it and i was wanting a simple database that i could buy off the internet. does anybody know of any good sites that are reasonabley priced? what i want is customer name, product(s) bought, when purchased and how they paid...

Any ideas?

Adrian Whalley
Natural Skincare Factory (UK).
www.natural-skincare-product.com

ii3mhz
23-08-2005, 12:16 PM
why not use microsoft access or even excel?

shane74
23-08-2005, 12:18 PM
I use Microsoft Access and always have for all my business databases and it gets the job done. For what you require it seems simple enough to setup and will save you a bit of money which can be used for something more productive.

robbmn
23-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Adrian78
Hi,
lm requring a database for my cusomter base. l already have one - i had it made about 2 years ago but its just a little bit too complicated to use. my sister is going to update it and i was wanting a simple database that i could buy off the internet. does anybody know of any good sites that are reasonabley priced? what i want is customer name, product(s) bought, when purchased and how they paid...

Any ideas?

Adrian Whalley
Natural Skincare Factory (UK).
www.natural-skincare-product.com

Are you asking for somewhere to buy a database that already has the data you described in it? Or, as the above replies suggest, just database software?

If it's the former I'd also be interested in any ideas people have.

Martin
23-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Access and Excel are fine, but sometimes the cheap option isn't best.

After all you can spend months tailoring your Access solution and it still won't do half the stuff an "off-the-shelf" product like MYOB, or Quickbooks can do.

After all I hope your expecting your business to grow, so having scaleable solutions will enable this without hassles later.

There not "cheap", but think for tomorrow because if you don't you will pay more later.

http://www.myob.co.uk
http://www.quickbooks.co.uk

urban1
23-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I use quickbooks accounting software and it includes all the fields you highlighted. It is searchable and to a certain extent adaptable to your specific requirements. It has the added advantage of combining customer records with accounts.

Incepto
23-08-2005, 06:11 PM
You have email :-)

If anyone wants me to throw them together a database, like described above give me a shout :-)

pawl111
24-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Microsoft have some great templates online, you should check them out