PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Artists, Jewellery designers, art and craft talent

rasputin
17-08-2005, 09:47 AM
I am looking for young talented Artists, Jewellery designers, art and craft talented peeps.

If you have any of your work in jpeg, please do forward them to me. I am setting up a business on creative designs and impulsive purchase.

Looking for out of the ordinary, quirky, innovatove designs.

Many thanks.

Just to give you an idea of some of the work I am involved with, see attachments.

gwyzer
17-08-2005, 01:11 PM
very interested,where is this based.what type of art and craft are you intersted in?

storm
17-08-2005, 01:32 PM
A friend of mine designs jewellery - could you elaborate on this venture? Is the idea to produce commision items or are you going to set up a website selling products?

rasputin
19-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi guys,

I am looking to build up a portfolio of talented designers and artists, aim to build a hub for innovation and creativity, where work will be commissioned by clients.

I need to show clients examples of design work which can be incorporated into their business.

I have two already two designers one in Los Angeles and the other in New York. I am looking for talent not only in London but around the globe.

I need enough talent under my belt so that I am confident to contact a wider range of clients from different backgrounds and culture.

My clients will include, Hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, SMEs, and expanding into larger organisations and MNCs.

About me: I have been in sales within the BPO market for Investment Banks, and was made redundant in Feb. I am now going to be working for sales in the Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical industry in conjunction with a middle east company. I will be networking with a wide range of clients from Ministry to manufactures of components.

The above roles, I do for the sheer joy of making money and survival. Although my real interest is within design. Which is why I am trying to build this website of talent, which later onwill aim to be turned into a boutique shop in London and New york and Sydney.

I attach another of my artist's work. Btw, pls send in your works.

Play!!
19-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I have many customers that are more than able of creating stunning pieces of jewellery but they have no place to showcase their work. Im still a bit confused at what you are trying to do. You want to build up a hub of talented and innovative people but you want to show them designs that can be incorperated into their work . Im a bit confused also about the images you have attached. What exactly are they?. Are they paintings?

peekaboo
19-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Rasputin,

I've been looking at setting something similer up as my partner designs jewellery, perhaps we can help each other? Or any advise would be great.

Regards
Brett White

gwyzer
22-08-2005, 12:40 PM
looking at doing the same thing,would'nt say precisly the same as i dont have total understanding to what you are trying to do,i have contact with many art&craft desi' mainly based in southern africa...
Are you trying to open up a craft shop,internet retail site..would you like the actual artists to exhibit their work?maybe we could go into detail sometime...
all the best!

rasputin
25-08-2005, 06:26 PM
guys,

I mentioned it already as to what I am trying to do..if i was not clear in my previous replies, i apologise.

What I am trying to create is a place initially web based (as it is cheaper) hub of creative products. I am looking to build up contacts now, later it will be produced in the website, magazine marketing will be done Sydney, New York, and London publications.

Products: jewellery, hand bags, art work, etc. Aimed at high end consumers. Already I have a NY based PR person working in the fashion industry. I have contacts to Mr. Russell Simmions (Baby Phat designs). Although, I would not get involved in clothing at the moment, if there are designers out there, I could possibly link up with buyers.

The attachments are all paintings. Here's another submitted one that will be going into the site. Please let me have your feedbacks on the idea of this venture.

Play!!
25-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Yep I like the idea. Some of my customers would be interested in that I think.

rasputin
27-08-2005, 10:56 AM
please email me any jpegs of designs, here's my email guys: -

rasputinuk @ g mail . c o m