PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay for a logo

seangannon1972
27-01-2003, 09:56 AM
I am looking into a new revenue stream and am looking at creating logos for new and established businesses. Offering a fixed price package seems the most straight forward way. Below is the prices that we have developed already.

Logo (in gif, jpeg etc) 200
Stationary design (letterhead, comp and business card template) 50

The design consultation would be conducted over the phone to offer national coverage with a number of examples offered at the first round and then a 'fine tunng' or tailoring system on the final logo. The process for the customer would take about 10 days or less.

As you guys would be my target clients then any feedback would be useful.

Sean

Tommy
27-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Have a look at http://www.logovend.com/ - they offer logos from about 50, or based on a predesigned template for 35. They also do letter head/stationary services.

seangannon1972
27-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Interesting, the bespoke designs do start at 120 though. We are looking to provide more than an 'off the shelf' idea and offer a bespoke consultative package as we have found out that in business you tend to want to be individual.

VLAHAKISA
27-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I agree, I believe that a template is not a logo, a logo is supposed to be your own unique company brand, how can it be unique if someone else has it also?

Also pricing between logo providers not only differs based on whether designs are custom or not, other factors too are considered when pricing, when providing graphics will they be custom designed or are they clipart that the client may see elsewhere and not unique?

Will the logo be designed for print, not all logo designers design for print and this also can cause a huge price differential, this is the type of thing anyone instructing a logo designer should be asking.

Karl
27-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Just wondered, have you considered teaming up with a number of web-design companies? They are dealing with new start-up that all need letter-heads, new logos etc.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

kris_leeds
05-03-2003, 03:52 PM
This might be a good idea, but as lots of web designers are capable of doing graphic designs too, they may offer the logo service under their own name, although im sure this wont be the case with everyone.

LogoVend.com
06-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to these forums but someone has mentioned me here!

So I thought it would be good to see what was said - Ears burining and all that.

I'd like to set a few things straight about the service I offer - if that's okay.

CUSTOM LOGO DESIGN

I do offer two types of service on the Logo front. If you want to cough up 65 / 125 you'll get a uniquely designed company ID, of which I've probably done over a hundred designs in the last year. A hundred happy cleints!

So why so cheap? Well I'm a kind of alturistic guy and I don't believe that you should charge more than you need. Also this has the added benefit of word getting round pretty fast - something cheap that is quality. If you think that my designs are going to be **** for that price well see for yourself, make your own mind up, at the following URL

http://www.logovend.com/portfolio

Where you'll find my portfolio it's about 4 months old at present. Much in need of an update.

PRE-DESIGNED LOGOS

I work on a try before you buy basis which means that some people don't end up buying the designs. What am I going to do with these? Throw them in the recycle bin? No chance I do recycle these designs and offer them to new clients for a knock down rate. In this way people get something even cheaper and I still make a bit of money from them. Which is a good idea - wouldn't you say. Everyone's a winner.

Okay, once the design has been sold - it's yours - you own the copyright. I will not see the design to any other client. So no two clients would ever end up with the same logo. It's just not right is it?

TEMPLATES AND CLIPART

All the logos are designed from scratch. I never use clipart or templates from anywhere else. You're either original or you're dead in the water. Plus half the find is in the imagination of design otherwise you'd be a robot. Or even worse there'd be an application out there that people could download to automatically make logos. It doesn't happen.

OTHER SERVICES

Another reason why I am so cheap is due to the fact I usually make money off the back of doing the original logo design - ie by doing letterheads, business cards, ad banners, website templates, etc.

If anyone is interested in getting me to do logo design just give me a shout! But I am always very busy, because I am cheap and good at what I do, so you might have to wait upto 3 weeks before I can have something to show you.

James

anuschka
10-03-2003, 12:15 PM
hi there!
well, if you want to team up with a web designer, why not look at my website? i target the whole of small businesses and start-ups, and offer print and that too, so if you wanna talk about working together: www.moustique.net. I've been up and running for a month only so far.
spk soon!
anuschka

VLAHAKISA
10-03-2003, 12:24 PM
I've got say that your site is one of the best I've seen for web developers, your portfolio hits you in the face the second you enter the site, no hunting around through pointless flash movies and listening to space ages beeps at every click.

Not only that, the sites that you design are really interesting and unique.

I love the 'team' section, and your site is so unique compared to many other web sites about, you will do very well with your business I am sure and will probably hit a niche market of people who want funky sites and can't find developers who can do them.

Regards

Amanda

anuschka
10-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi Amanda!
Oh my god, I've nearly fainted reading so much praise! :)
Thank you!
Well, if you think we've got some common ground to work together, let me know, it will be a pleasure!
oooo, now I know where I read about you before: I've just registered at ecademy.com, and there was your logo which I really liked - did you do it? Aha, know what you look like now, too!
Are you going to any of their events where we could meet?
If you're based in Birminham: are you going to the startup exhibition? I will, just registerd for this, too, and it would be great to meet up with you there, coz I hate being at these exhibitions alone anyway!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Anuschka

VLAHAKISA
10-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Yes our style is very similar I think, I will contact you if I think I'm speaking to someone (its usually my logo clients who approach me for a website) who needs your particular brand of funky website, there's quite a market for it, a niche as I said.

Re my logo - it's just a fancy font! I don't know why but I do logos for other people but seem to be at a complete loss of inspiration for my own, I worry that whatever I do I will become bored with it, as I'm very prone to boredom with everything, so am afraid to create anything other than text only.

I've not heard about the startup exhibition, where is it and whats it about?

Where I am going tomorrow evening at 6.30 pm, if you are free, is the ecademy Midlands event at the Ink Bar in The Mailbox, all ecademy members are welcome to come (its free and you will need to register at the ecademy Midlands Club which is run by Donato), founder of ecademy Thomas Power will be there with his sidekick (lol) Glen Watkins.

By the way if you are working from home freel free to join my A Home Business Club at ecademy.

Regards

Amanda

Lorna
10-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I agree with Amanda, Anuschka, your portfolio is one of the best that I've seen.

I hope to do buisness with you soon.

Regards

Lorna
Kreative Solutions
Lorna@kreativesolutions.co.uk

anuschka
10-03-2003, 05:33 PM
oooooohhhh!
:)
oh happy day...
well, you won't hear me singing, lucky you's, but you may be interested that I will run a little competition on my website for Easter. It's not live yet, but I'm working through my weekends for it! Something nice - and secret - to win!
Thanks for the nice notes!
Anuschka

LogoVend.com
19-03-2003, 09:12 PM
So what do people think of my site / portfolio?

VLAHAKISA
19-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Its a ery nice easy to navigate site, good prices and good logos also.

Do your prices include lifetime support, and are logos designed as print ready vectors - do the clients get an .eps file?

The only improvement I necessary for your site would be more information is required for what exactly the client will get and perhaps some technical information for clients to help them understand file types and printing processes etc.

LogoVend.com
20-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by VLAHAKISA
Do your prices include lifetime support

I don't really know what you mean by 'lifetime support' but I keep everything on file for future use. So if a client comes back to me and needs further work doing I'll sort it out for them. If you're talking about help then yes I am a very helpful chap and will help where I can with advise - but if you need further work like creating other files or letterheads, etc. then
it's chargable.

... are logos designed as print ready vectors - do the clients get an .eps file?

I can send the logos in any format that a client requires. Whether PSD (Photoshop), EPS, JPEG, etc. etc. And I will give advice.

The only improvement I necessary for your site would be more information is required for what exactly the client will get and perhaps some technical information for clients to help them understand file types and printing processes etc.

Point taken ... I'll look at adding a help section for my site.

elena
20-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi anuschka,

when i spoke to you before xmas i told you your site was brilliant. I wouldnt have contacted you otherwise!!

Im also glad the networking site i told you about is going well for you.
I must get round to doing that translation for you!!

See you on Saturday 29th.

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

i am here to warn you
16-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Have a look at http://www.logovend.com/ - they offer logos from about 50, or based on a predesigned template for 35. They also do letter head/stationary services.

Hi, do you have any contact details for this company. We have paid him a deposit and he's trying to scam us, after investigating this is not the first time he has done this. Thanks

i am here to warn you
16-02-2012, 08:36 AM
i don't really know what you mean by 'lifetime support' but i keep everything on file for future use. So if a client comes back to me and needs further work doing i'll sort it out for them. If you're talking about help then yes i am a very helpful chap and will help where i can with advise - but if you need further work like creating other files or letterheads, etc. Then
it's chargable.

I can send the logos in any format that a client requires. Whether psd (photoshop), eps, jpeg, etc. Etc. And i will give advice.

Point taken ... I'll look at adding a help section for my site.

pay me back my money james - you are not getting away with ripping us off!

*********do not use logovend*********************

i am here to warn you
16-02-2012, 08:38 AM
hi everyone!

I'm new to these forums but someone has mentioned me here!

So i thought it would be good to see what was said - ears burining and all that.

I'd like to set a few things straight about the service i offer - if that's okay.

Custom logo design

i do offer two types of service on the logo front. If you want to cough up 65 / 125 you'll get a uniquely designed company id, of which i've probably done over a hundred designs in the last year. A hundred happy cleints!

So why so cheap? Well i'm a kind of alturistic guy and i don't believe that you should charge more than you need. Also this has the added benefit of word getting round pretty fast - something cheap that is quality. If you think that my designs are going to be **** for that price well see for yourself, make your own mind up, at the following url

http://www.logovend.com/portfolio

where you'll find my portfolio it's about 4 months old at present. Much in need of an update.

Pre-designed logos

i work on a try before you buy basis which means that some people don't end up buying the designs. What am i going to do with these? Throw them in the recycle bin? No chance i do recycle these designs and offer them to new clients for a knock down rate. In this way people get something even cheaper and i still make a bit of money from them. Which is a good idea - wouldn't you say. Everyone's a winner.

Okay, once the design has been sold - it's yours - you own the copyright. I will not see the design to any other client. So no two clients would ever end up with the same logo. It's just not right is it?

Templates and clipart

all the logos are designed from scratch. I never use clipart or templates from anywhere else. You're either original or you're dead in the water. Plus half the find is in the imagination of design otherwise you'd be a robot. Or even worse there'd be an application out there that people could download to automatically make logos. It doesn't happen.

Other services

another reason why i am so cheap is due to the fact i usually make money off the back of doing the original logo design - ie by doing letterheads, business cards, ad banners, website templates, etc.

If anyone is interested in getting me to do logo design just give me a shout! But i am always very busy, because i am cheap and good at what i do, so you might have to wait upto 3 weeks before i can have something to show you.

James

pay me back my money james - you are not getting away with ripping me off

********do not use logovend**********