PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

haleema
03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi, one of my friends has asked me to make him a music website which he wants to some how turn into a business but he's not sure what "extras" he should put on it so he's left it all down to me..*typical*
what things could i put on it other than mp3's??
If anyone has any ideas please do tell.
Oh could someone please explain the term "extras"
Thanks
Haleema

Martin
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM
What sorf of music website?

Got a link we can take a peek at - would help with suggestions.

Martin
03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Oh forget the link :D .... Just notice you said "make him a music site" ...

But a little more background information would be handy.

haleema
03-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey,
well it's about asian music.
It will have reviews, news about upcoming albums etc, top 10, info about gigs etc.
This is what he's told me, he wants me to put in any other ideas that i have but i dont know what else. I meen he doesn't have any links with anyone famous so he can't have interviews or anything which is what i think he wants lol.
I feel bad not being able to help him so i was wondering if anyone else could, he's really excited about this and i dont want to ruin it for him.
even really small things would be really helpful.

Haleema

Eagle
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Why not take a look at other music sites to get ideas? :)

haleema
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I have but they are all professional type by that i meen they have close links with famous people, which is something Adam hasn't got.

TheBoss
03-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi,

I started a music e-zine around 4 years ago - was very small, and didn't have many features at all. Despite that, I got many emails from journalists who wanted to contribute their articles/interviews. It soon gained recognition from MTV base and they voted it their site of the month.

I then got side tracked with another project, but at the beginning of the year I redesigned the music site but still never got round to launching it (despite spending many hours on it) You can see the site: www.onemuzic.co.uk where you may be able to pick up some ideas from the features i've got on there. Theres things such as audio/video files, charts, forums, chat rooms, reviews etc...

It doesn't take much for your friend to write his own reviews and articles, he will soon find that these become the most read things. As the site takes shape, you will see that that's when the artist managment companies get in touch. You can form links from there and arrange interviews and exclusives.

Best of luck,

Adam

amz
03-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by haleema
Hi, one of my friends has asked me to make him a music website which he wants to some how turn into a business but he's not sure what "extras" he should put on it so he's left it all down to me..*typical*
what things could i put on it other than mp3's??
If anyone has any ideas please do tell.
Oh could someone please explain the term "extras"
Thanks
Haleema

What type of asian music is it?

Adam
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
I still have access to a lot of music but nothing particularly Asian.

Do any of you with sites want to take free content from me? I just promise the bands to get them publicity and we write the articles for you to use if any of you want.

haleema
04-08-2005, 01:10 PM
hey adam and adam!! thanks for the help!
if any1 has nefin that would b useful plz do tell me :)

Amz -- its goin to b about stuff like bhangra n rnb mixes etc

il giv more info in a few mins im in hurry right now..!

RSL
04-08-2005, 01:23 PM
TheBoss' site is great...such a shame's he's been side tracked but if you look at how well its laid out and organised I'm sure your friend can get a sense of what he could achieve.

haleema
04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
ye its reeli gd...its given us an idea of the layout n content

amz
05-08-2005, 12:24 AM
drop me a mail at amrsuki@gmail.com and let me know a little bit more about the project, I'll see what I can do for you.

Martin
05-08-2005, 01:38 AM
"Asain Music" mobile phone ringtones ?

I've never see that and there must be a market for it....

(Heck if that bloody Frog sold in such numbers anything must sell :D )

haleema
06-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by amz
drop me a mail at amrsuki@gmail.com and let me know a little bit more about the project, I'll see what I can do for you.

ok then
Thanks