PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine Optimisation

Jay Jay Lennon
24-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Hiya peeps!

I am looking for some tecchie advice now!

I have registered my website with Adwords via google, and have set up my limited cost per day as per the amount they suggested i.e. 1.00 per day. I am getting a clickthrough rate on my site of 0.3% but dont really understand whether i need to increase it or not. Has anyone had dealings with this, that could help me?

I also have lots of keywords that aren't attracting any searches, although its only been on Adwords for a week.

Last question, do I need to register my site normally through Google, as I try this once every 3 weeks, and it never shows up anywhere.

What am I doing wrong? (everything probably)

=)

JJ

joshdhaliwal
24-01-2003, 12:14 PM
JJ - you could check out http://www.weboptimiser.com/ for one of their free tests.

If you get in touch with them seek out my friend John Guria (pron. Gur-ee-ya) who has just joined as Business Development Manager.

OnlineDesign
24-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi There

Search engines optimisation has become the battle cry for many businesses desperate to get their companies prominently listed - and it is not surprising considering how widely used search engines have become.

In truth there is no one way to get you listed to the top and companies will often throw impressive technical terms at you to attract your business.

Our company have a variety of search engine optimisation services that not only submit you to the search engines but also GUARANTEE first page positioning or your money back. This is acheived by using a number of services at the same time as well as ensuring your web sites is set up ready to BE ranked by these search engines...... but do not take our word for it, we have a number of businesses using our services who are already achieving first page positioning in their chosen field. It may not be cheap but it gets the results business of all sizes need... and that is traffic to their web sites

For more information, please feel free to call us on 0845 108 0411 or email - many thanks

Stuart
A4 Internet Limited
------------------------------

lenie
24-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi JJ,

I've just been messing around with Wordtracker.com......they have a free trial that you can use.....you just put in the key words that you're submitting to search engines and it tells you how often they've been searched for versus how many other sites are using them, which gives you a rough idea of where in a search engine listing you'll appear.....very useful!!

Also made me realise that unless you're offering a completely unique service, it's very very difficult to get to the top just like that...must take either a lot of money or a lot of time/effort and monitoring!!!

Laura