PDA

View Full Version : Quick intro

joshdhaliwal
22-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Just a quick posting to say Hi and introduce myself to the list.

I'm 29 and run a mobile telecoms market research and consultancy in London that we launched in early 2001. Self-funded from scratch we have a small office in Covent Garden.

Prior to this I have worked in various media including press, publishing, internet and broadcast media.

I hope I make a contribution to the discussions on this list and look forward to offering and sharing information where I can.

Regards,

Josh

elena
22-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum.

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

Helene Buckley
22-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi Josh

Welcome to the forum.

As your based in London, you should come along to our next meeting - the date is not yet set, but I'm guessing it's going to be one Saturday in February.

Our last (and very first) meeting, provided everyone with an opportunity to exchange ideas, put a face to a name and meet other like-minded people.

Helene

HSS
22-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Hi Josh, you mentioned that you worked in broadcast media, is that behind-the-scenes on a TV programme, or something related? Cheers

choc
23-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Hi Josh, glad to see yoyr on boared. Nice to see someone in my catagory of buisiness, i will be bouncing ideas off you my friend..

mark

joshdhaliwal
23-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by HSS
Hi Josh, you mentioned that you worked in broadcast media, is that behind-the-scenes on a TV programme, or something related? Cheers

HSS,

I spent two years working with a company producing both corporate stuff and broadcast documentaries for the likes of BBC 2, C4, Discovery etc. and another 2 years at ITN News in its new media division launching the mobile telecoms side of the business which included getting text news alerts onto your phone and playing around with the idea of streaming live news onto future generation phones.

I also look forward to finding out more about the next London meet-up. In a previous life I ran a discussion forum for telecoms people for which we held monthly meets starting with 15 people in the back room of a pub in Islington and grew to 250 people with sponsored drinks and food at such grand venues as The Royal College of Physicians. So I'm all for the idea of people getting together...

joshdhaliwal
23-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by choc
Hi Josh, glad to see yoyr on boared. Nice to see someone in my catagory of buisiness, i will be bouncing ideas off you my friend..

mark

Mark - What do you do?

choc
23-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Hi Josh,Take a look at my site,you will find the address below..

Dedsoldya
23-01-2003, 08:54 PM
What Up Josh, in speech on this board I fit in well, in reality you wouldn't consider me a business man, thats just a little about myself.

If you need anyadvice the dedsoldya big money holda can offer whatever he has.