PDA

View Full Version : Business Directory Website - How much would you pay?

Electron
22-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Hi Biz Folk,

How much would you be willing to pay for your business to be registered on a business directory website?

Electron
22-01-2003, 01:01 PM
for example, How much would you be willing to pay per year to have your business listed with company logo, name, location, description of business, Phone number, link to your website, email contact etc...

bedazzle
22-01-2003, 01:46 PM
The price I would be prepared to pay would be based entirely on how many visitors there are to your site, and how and where you would actually market the site.

john.crocker
22-01-2003, 09:27 PM
not sounding bad, but probably nothing... There are plenty out there where you can register your business for free, such as OxFinder in Oxfordshire, Business Link, UKWDA for web designers, Freelancers.Net etc...

It would purely depend on the audience you could get for your website as to whether you could command a price. Or prehaps if placement within a paper based publication was offered as well such as Yell.Com.

Alternativly you could charge for placement of ad's in a certain position in the listings, such as many search engines like MSN do.

kris_leeds
23-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Yep, I'd agree with John. As a start up business I probably wouldn't want to pay up to have my business listed, when there are sites where the service is free.

But then again, if your site is top of the search engines listings for certain keywords, and was well advertised I'm sure you could attract plenty of businesses.

Dedsoldya
23-01-2003, 07:52 PM
as with most business questions, it depends. If I had a large company, IT/Webdesign business I would be willing to pay quite a lot for I would need customers that often surf the net. If I was running a small cafe, then I would probably have a site but it wouldn't be worth paying anything for. If your after customers, target your market towards larger stores and IT/WebDesign businesses