PDA

View Full Version : Help with marketing

Sherry_D
29-06-2005, 09:48 PM
I started my business as a property finder in both residential and commercial property. I have so far been advertising on the internet using google adwords as well as advertising in papers.

I had a preess release in April after i had just launched my business to let people know about what we do. the unfortunate part was our phone number and website were not mentioned at all.

I am just asking for your ideas on what you think i may need to do to market my business. i seem to be running out of ideas now

annepink
30-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi,

Press releases can often be a disappointment. It may be useful in the future to ask up front for a contact - mention as a condition for the piece (remember the papers only run these if they find it a good story and/or they are short of material so it is a benefit to them too) where did it appear? l know business sectionsof local papers are often quite keen on stories about new and interesting businesses.

Have you defined in written format your customer profile, ie described the key points that define someone who would have a need for your service (if you have and you 'post it' here I'm happy to look at it for you).

Once you define clearly who is likely to need your services you need to consider their geographic and lifestyle profile or in simple terms where are they likely to live, what jobs are they likely to do, etc. Information is then available on what they read, what they listen to, what they watch, etc which helps detemine the type of advertising (including direct mail) that you should be using to reach them.

Tell me more and maybe I can be more precise.