PDA

View Full Version : Mobile PDQ's

Rachael1
26-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Hiya - new to this website, couldn't find anything on the above in the search bit. Sorry if there's a big chunk on this that I can't see... Can anyone help? I'm on the verge of going live with a new branded babywear site. Having a major panic as I have three exhibitions coming up this summer so need a mobile chip and pin, GPRS enabled terminal.

Doesn't seem to be a great deal on the market and all seems really expensive, 500 to purchase with 20 charges per month.

Anyone know of a cheaper rental? Or even a short term rental offering?

Rachael1
21-07-2005, 10:56 AM
...I've sorted this out by the way, a real nightmare to do as none of the usual suspects (WDA, Enterprise agencies etc.) seemed to know anything about Mobile GPRS technology. So just in case any of you were wondering -

* set up a merchant a/c with Streamline
* they have a partnership with 123send, who do short term rentals of mobile GPRS PDQ's at around 120 a week
* if you are part of the federation of small business, Streamline don't charge the 250 set up fee

So a bit of a pain to sort out, but good in the end. I hope...

Phil
21-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Thansk for the info. Sorry I couldn't help at all. Please post back on how successful the PDQ is and tell us how your exibitions go.