PDA

View Full Version : Photo business name/Logo

Rachel
16-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Im starting up a business where i will digitally edit photo's to create an ideal photo.

Im wanting a logo designed for the business! Can anyone create me one (Must be on the cheapish side)

wanted a name that was simple and easy to remember and i thought of the name PHOTOSMART for the business, what does everyone think?

Rachel@netforce.plus.com

Thanks in advance :)

gary
16-01-2003, 08:39 PM
There was someone offering free logos at one stage though I'm not sure if it's still valid. A new logo will cost anything from 50-500!

It's an interesting idea - who are you aiming it at? Is there a big demand for photo retouching?

The name is great, unfortunately a quick check at WHOIS shows all the decent domain names for "photosmart" are taken, but you are in luck: Companies House shows that there are no registered companies called Photosmart. You may want to check the trademarks site just to make sure.

Gary

Managed Web
Website Maintenance Services
http://www.managedweb.com

Rachel
16-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanx for looking into the name for me and the info on the logo..

I got into digital photo editing at college and started doing it as a hobby after a relative kept saying how certain pictures would look good if that other person wasn't in it etc.

since then i get requests from friends and family and know that there is some business out there that have started to offer this.

so i suppose with the right marketing this may go somewhere. (you have to give these things a go)

gary
16-01-2003, 09:02 PM
You're welcome! And I agree, you do have to give these things a go.

What you could do immediately is build a little mailing list of people who have already used your service, maybe get some useful "happy customer" quotes, and prepare some before and after pictures. Then set up a website (but if you can't do it really well yourself get someone who can. If your website looks homemade you can hardly expect someone to hand over the photos to a "professional".) Once you have that you can email all those people and ask if they have any other photos they want done and offer them a massive discount. Also ask them to pass your website on to anyone else that may be interested.

At least that way you're already getting started and you can make it more formal as you progress.

Just an idea... ;)

Gary

Managed Web
Website Maintenance Services
http://www.managedweb.com

Rachel
16-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Just looked on the Trademarks site and i can't use PHOTOSMART because Hewlett-packard have it.

Any other idea's for a name?

VLAHAKISA
17-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Ideal Image
Ideal Photo
Digi-fix/Digifix
Photofix
Photoart
Perfect Edition

timbrown123
17-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Or you could perform a Sesame Street and merge Photo Art into PhArt, or perhaps merge Ideal Photo into Pheal?!

Other ideas based on your original name:

Photo Doctor
PhotoDoc
Dr. Photo
PicRight
RightPix
RePhoto
SmartPix