PDA

View Full Version : Sell, Sell, Sell

pawl111
27-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Ok so I have the idea, I have the passion and I have the drive. Now it's time to get down to the actuall form filling and company registering. What I would like to know is that when I register as a Limited Company can I make money from different sources. To make this clearer, is it possible to be primarily a web design company, but also make money from an online shop sitting on a different domain selling IT gadgets?

Shellfish
28-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Hello Pawl111,

I do marketing consultancy but I also have an online retail business, so it sounds like we're in a similar situation. It's actually a good idea to do this, as if one business struggles in the first few months, as most of us do, the other one can help bankroll it. I have one limited company, so I do only one set of accounts for Companies House, just one set of VAT returns, have one bank account etc, but I use two different trading styles for the two companies. As I understand it, the only thing you need to be aware of is stuff like VAT limits (if the revenue from both the companies together exceeds the VAT limit, you may want to look at setting up different companies). I hope this helps,

Shellfish

pawl111
31-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Thaks, it has cleared a lot up for me.

Shellfish
31-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Excellent! Best of luck with your plans and do let us know how you get on,

Shellfish