PDA

View Full Version : Counselling+Coaching+Consultancy

ksimon
24-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Dear Mentor,

I am keen in the business of providing consultancy services for International Students mainly S.E Asian students. My background is sales and Marketing and am curently doing a MSc in Multicultural Counselling. I have had experiences in coaching and am a qualified business coach as well but still in need of more experience.

I would like to be of service to these students in terms of adapting to a different environment in Scotland/U.K especially. And during their term here I would like to help them analyse their strength and further opportunities to better prepare them for their career and future plans via resources and tools theat I will be able to cater.

What are areas to consider to run a a business like this. Would there be support thru professional affiliations or bodies that I will be able seek?

Please guide me along the path that would provide me with more links and resources.

Thanking you In advance.

Best regards.

Kenny Simon

Statler
26-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Kenny,

I think the first thing you should do is some research - you need to prove that the students would not only find such a service of use, but that they would also be willing to pay for it. It will also be worth finding out what support the students already receive, if any, and what you can offer them that will be different.

It may also be worth finding out if there is a life coaching and/or business coaching association that you can join, as this will enable you to swap ideas with like-minded people.

Lee