PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Market Entry

Daniel
14-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi, first time ive posted on here.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me get into the Japanese e-commerce market.

I own JapansOnline.com (and some others I used to sell)
Myself and a friend from Egypt are planning at the end of the month to create an e-commerce website for the Japanese. We are planning to develop JapansOnline.com into a Japanese Business Directory.

Does anyone know how and the best way to recieve Business owners and register to JapansOnline.com.

We have designed the site with an .asp and mySQL so all that is not a problem and we have a merchant account setup.

We will be charging $9.95/1,175 Yen for a business to register with us, for that they recieve a homepage for their business including a subdoman (MyBusiness.JapansOnline.com) and a business email address (MyBusiness@JapansOnline.com) When we have enough money, hopefully, we will start advertising properly in Japanese Business magazines and newspaper.

So if anyone could give us advice on how to get Japanese Businesses to register or any further advice we would be very greatful and I look forward to be using this forum in the future.

Daniel
16-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Oh well, thanks anyway guys for taking a look at my post.

All the Best

joshdhaliwal
22-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Have you tried to contact the Japanese Embassy or Trade Association body in UK? They should be able to provide you with a list of companies importing/exporting to UK by sector.

Maybe a starting point...