PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this test website

mrcosworth
09-01-2003, 08:39 PM
please tell me what you think of this test website.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/act-onexpress/

thanks

craig_bell
09-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Well... there are a lot of faults and it looks very 2nd class. Anyway... I would like to give you a few hints and tips or even design you a site (for free as I am trying to build up my portfolio) so drop me an email at craig@netlane.co.uk

Regards,

Craig

Designr
09-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Yep, I have to agree with Craig. Maybe try recreating a clean, crisp site. You also need a proper "contact us" form.

ALso, have you got any pictures of your vehicles? Maybe post them on the site and try to design a company logo.

Regards
Design R Web Solutions

lenie
10-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Mark,

The first thing you see on the site is an advert for HotBot, there is no visible branding for your business at all! Maybe you should think about getting someone to design you a logo and put this at the top and if you feel the hotbot search box is really necessary put that at the bottom of the page?

Personally I don't feel there are any benefits to having a counter on the website either, if anything a low number of hits may put people off??

You can get a site designed for you relatively cheaply these days and if I were you I'd take craig up on his offer and get one designed for free!!

Laura

chilleddesign
10-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi There

As you are a courier company have you thought about customer product tracking via the web.

Regards

Chris

natalie
10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
I am not an expert, but I would have to agree with the others and say that the site is very, very basic and needs alot of work. I am not saying that you have to spend lots of money, but if you can get a professional to design it for you, I would.

Perception is key. If people look at your site and are impressed and think you are a large company, they are more than likely to use you. If they think you are a one-man bad working from your bedroom (like most of us!), they won't!!

If you are serious about your business, I would invest some money into having a professional design it for you. It does not have to cost lots, but I think it would be money well spent.

Good luck

Natalie Brown
NLB Travel
www.nlbtravel.co.uk

mrcosworth
11-01-2003, 01:54 AM
THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO REPLYED YOU ALL HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL

craig_bell
11-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Do you want to take me up on my offer of a website designed for free. If you so then do not hesitate to email me craig@netlane.co.uk

Regards,

Craig

businesslady1
11-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I have visited your site. Just a few friendly input:

Your domain address- is very long and unprofessional looking. Best to buy a domain name for your business.

Also the pop-ups can be quite annoying to people visiting your site. If you sign up for a paid hosting site you should not get a pop-ups adverts etc..

You should have a logo designed for your company and should be placed in a prominent section of your website; where the HotBot advert is.

There are some spelling mistakes.

You will need to write a bit about your company, what your company is all about, contact address, names, telephone details etc..

The site looks very plain and uninviting to look at therefore people visiting your site will probably click and go.

All the best with your venture,

dynamitedesign
15-01-2003, 01:12 AM
Too often companies will spend 1000's in setting up their organisations then go cheap with everything else that can realy make an impression.

Move your web site to a proper hosting company NOT a free one???
Then make sure you tie in your corporate literature with the site... remember everything you use in your company if it can't speak make sure it's selling.

Ask yourself how much you earn in 1 days work... now spend that on your web site!

Click here to find out about DYNAMITE DESIGN (http://www.dynamite-productions.co.uk)
contact dynamite (enquiry@dynamite-productions.co.uk)