PDA

View Full Version : Just Made A Web Site

PAUL
09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I JUST MADE A WEBSITE AND TRYING TO MAKE MONEY FROM AFFILIATE SCHEMES WITH NOT MUCH LUCK HOW COULD I IMPROVE MY SITE SO I GET MORE VISITORS I WAS THINKING OF SELLING GADGET AND TOYS ONLINE PUT HOW WOULD I PROMOTE MY SITE I AM ON A LIMIT BUDGET AND HOW CAN YOU TAKE PAYMENTS FOR MY PRODUCTS
http://gates211.homestead.com/gates.html

Cheesy
09-01-2003, 05:45 PM
I think affiliate schemes and such like are dead, they were a way for some people to make a quick buck during the "internet boom" but not any more, half of them were just another take of the old Pyramid scam mate. Maybe should turn your efforts to setting up a business with some real content and real source of revenue.

Dont ask me though, Ive yet do it myself!!

OnlineDesign
09-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Click through marketing and banner advertising is just one method of generating revenue, but on its own won't make you an e-millionaire

If you are building your business online and want to drive traffic to your web site there are a number of ways of achieving this from search engine submission, marketing campaigns via e-mail, post and flyer (if you are targeting a specific area), newspaper and magazine advertising and radio - in our experience you need to put as many paddles into the water if you want to get anywhere.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need any specific help

Stuart
stuart@a4internet.com

Designr
09-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Paul, the quick answer to your questions would be:

1. Submit your URL to the popular search engines. (Lycos, Google, MSN....etc)

2. If you do a "search" on this forum for "selling online" which will throw up some usefull thread. Try this link also: http://www.shell-livewire.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327&highlight=selling+online

You will need some form of ecommerce cart and a merchant account to trade online.

Regards
Design R Web Solutions

craig_bell
09-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks! At last some people agree with me (If you check the posts the other day) Anyway... here paul goes again with advertising his site but instead he seems to be trying to incorporate it within a question asking for some advice now!

Rhys
09-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Hi Paul

I think you need to decide what your website is going to be about and the what information it contains. Why should anyone want to go there? What can you offer them? Would you bother visiting your website? At the moment it is just a mass of adverts - not many people go on the internet to visit a website that just has banners all over it.

I think you should also take that message off the bottom that asks people to sign up to them. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the adverts.

kris_leeds
10-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by craig_bell
Thanks! At last some people agree with me (If you check the posts the other day) Anyway... here paul goes again with advertising his site but instead he seems to be trying to incorporate it within a question asking for some advice now!
i agree with you craig, i posted something similar the other day too supporting your view.

paul, as for as promoting your site, your not doing a bad job yourself in these forums

kris

shamrocker
10-01-2003, 12:50 AM
You could start by getting a more professional looking domain name.

Emily
10-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Paul

I think it might help if you spelt the word business right.

Best Regards

Emily

natalie
10-01-2003, 05:37 PM
I am not an expert, but I would have to agree with the others and say that the site is very, very basic and needs alot of work. I am not saying that you have to spend lots of money, but if you can get a professional to design it for you, I would.

Perception is key. If people look at your site and are impressed and think you are a large company, they are more than likely to use you. If they think you are a one-man bad working from your bedroom (like most of us!), they won't!!

If you are serious about your business, I would invest some money into having a professional design it for you. It does not have to cost lots, but I think it would be money well spent.

Good luck

Natalie Brown
NLB Travel
www.nlbtravel.co.uk

PAUL
10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
to Emily
i can not see a spelling mistake could you point it out to me

shamrocker
10-01-2003, 06:26 PM
I think she means on the left side of yout homepage...'bussiness.'