PDA

View Full Version : Help

angelbabe
04-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Hi am woundering if anyone could help.

My BF wants to set up his own buisness as a pest control technician (sick i know) and has no idea how to go about this its what he works as at the moment but he wants to be his own boss, he has all the relevent qualifications, but no idea how to go about this anyone help?happy new year!!

Louise Coldwell
04-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Hi

the best advise i can give is that he contacts his local business agency (Business Link) or other (Princes Trust).

Have a chat with someone from these regarding his ideas...they are great help.

They will be able to point him in next direction and advise where to go from there.

They help with anything and everything from grants,funding,biz plans,equipment,premises etc.

I went through both with my biz idea and have been up and running now for about 3 months.

They were fantastic not only for the general setting up of your biz but they help and support you for the first year.....

Hope this has been of some help.....

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year

Louise
Glide Logistics

LouiseColdwell@aol.com

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk

http://www.teesbusinesslink.co.uk

angelbabe
04-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi Louise, thanks for that, I look on the PT web site but it says u have to be unemployed and unforch hes not, but i think ill look in to it again!!! Thanks again

Warlow
04-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi,

One of the greatest sources of information is people who have 'been there done that' - essentially what this forum is. However, there's nothing better than a face-to-face chat. Does your BF know of someone already in business?
Most business people are more than willing to share their experiences, so seek them out. Prepare a list of searching questions so you finish your chat with all the information you want.

One thought - has he considered a Franchise? I am sure there is one for Pest Control. They hold your hand all the way and franchises are great for people who want to be their boss but wish to have the security of a proven business idea behind them.
Check out www.british-franchise.org see if they have such a firm listed.

Best of luck

Rob
Small Business Success
www.smallbusinesssuccess.biz