PDA

View Full Version : Age

katherine
01-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I am 20 and I am currently taking a degree in creative arts, I want to start my own dressmaking business towards the end of my three year course, but I am worried that people wont take me seriously due to my age. Am I too young to be thinking about starting my own business?

Statler
02-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Hi Katherine,

You're definitely not too young to be thinking of starting a business. Every year, thousands of young people have similar thoughts, and hundreds who have gone ahead with their plans and started up, enter the Shell LiveWIRE Awards. You can find out about other young people who have started up in the Win 10k section (go to Meet the Finalists).

On another note, if you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org, you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the First Time' and 'Writing your First Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea (Dressmaker), plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

Lee