PDA

View Full Version : Getting the true opinions when conducting market research!

Craig Parks
02-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi All

Has anyone drawn up their own market research and been one hundred percent satisfied with it once they began their business? What I mean is do you feel you asked the right questions and received the answers which eventually helped you form your business to satisfy the business need.

You see the problem I have is that I literally want to able to get inside the customers mind, to define their needs but feel that I may not asking the right questions to then receieve the answers which will enable me to create my Unique Selling Points or deliver the need within the sector. I also want to be able to understand the areas in which existing business are failing or exceding the customer expectation so that I can either not make the same mistakes or improve upon them.

Problem is I don't know were to start any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Craig

Anonymoose
04-01-2003, 07:32 PM
I think that the best form of research of this kind is to trust your gut instinct. You can also usually tell if a company is successful or not - are they always busy, are they recruiting a lot? This may not answer your query directly, but i found just observing customers and the busy / slow shops helped me with my market research.