PDA

View Full Version : How to develop a marketing strategy.....

marc
28-05-2002, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone,
I need some help please on how to go about developing a marketing strategy for a Fundraiser who needs to raise about 50,000 for a charity nursery for deprived kids. Any useful tips please would be really welcome.

Thanks

CK

james
28-05-2002, 12:40 PM
Think of a list of people in the community you could approach,ie local business people, any famous people who grew up in the area?? Write up a letter informing them of your cause or/and call them to see if they can help out or know anyone who may be.
You could organise some fee-paying events, auctions, car boot sales, dinner dances, ask the local golf club for some help, the hospital or library.

Good luck

will
28-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Where are You based?

Lancaster Uni run a course on fundraising for Vol sector.

Try contacting your Local Council for Voluntry Services. (CVS) Thre are also over 30,000 chartitable trusts taht the CVA can tell you about. There is the Directory of Social Change and Fundfiner. As I am North West based and have taken the course at Lancaster I am sure you will find it very useful. I would expect that other regions also run them. Again there is a Directory of Funding for the North West, The Charities Aid Foundation and Directory of Social Aid.

Good Luck.

gino128
29-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Marc

Your best bet I would suggest would be to think about the type of people that generally express empathy to good causes.

Young affluent (maybe your most obvious and cash-rich choice) tend to be cynical and less compassionate about these sorts of causes. Older people (60+) tend to look upon deprived children as almost their own grandchildren.

So, you might want to think about renting lists from a list broker, like "Bakke Gardening" lists, Mail Order companies like Daxon (over 60's). For a reasonably small amount of money, you can rent a small list of people (it shouldn't necessarily be local) and send them a simple letter explaining your cause.

vicaro-energy
25-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Why not try using a dynamic and strategic structured platform in bridging your message across.Such as calling up one of the numerous airlinners to make air packege with thier clientel base. In that regards you would be projecting a vast out-look of raising the funds you require.