PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about starting up a business?

jola.a
08-11-2003, 09:44 PM
I would like to start and events management business and eventually own a venue to hire out for events.
How di I start? What do I need to do?

Statler
10-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Hi,

If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org, you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the First Time' and 'Writing your First Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea (Exhibition Organiser is the closest we offer), plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site. You will find the section on Business Planning of particular interest.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

The first thing to do is your research. You need to prove that there is a need for your business (often this can be done by designing and handing out a questionnaire, then truthfully analysing the results); you need to identify who and where your customers are; you need to identify your competition; you need to come up with a unique selling point that will differentiate your business from others in the same field; etc. Thorough research and careful planning is essential before you decide whether or not to go for it.

Lee