PDA

View Full Version : Want to set up a business NOW!!!!

liviawhyte
16-10-2003, 02:12 PM
I feel totally ready to start my new retail solutions consultancy...I have set up a business plan but have no idea where to go from here.

I do not need any outside start up money and have no employees (will be easier to start with myself and build from there)....

What exactly do I need to do to officially be regarded as a sole trader, or can I just start from here, print business cards today and get on with business????!!!

I really would like you to answer because I am itching to start!!

In addition, if anybody out there feels that they could do with some professional solutions for their organisation (retail/nonretail), email and I will offer my services for a reduced Shell-livewired price.

Thank you.

Statler
16-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi,

It sounds like you are ready to go! Make sure you register with the Inland Revenue within three months of starting business, otherwise you will face a fine. You can find out more at:

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/startingup/index.htm

Good luck,

Lee

Dean Bulbeck
16-10-2003, 04:28 PM
hello, from what you have said you have done most of the ground work. You have not menioned about setting up a business account - this is a good idea and at the moment many banks offer you discounted rates or even one years free banking. Also, it's a good idea to set up a company logo or image, eg your business card design, letterheads and invoices - try keeping them all the same style, incorporating a proffesional corporative image. Good luck, db.