PDA

View Full Version : IT/Technology

ee96sso
31-12-2002, 06:03 AM
Hi guys,
Are any of u thinking of starting an IT business or have u started already. If so then I would like hear of your experiences as I am thinking of the same.
We can share experiences which might benefit us both.

Many thanks.

timbrown123
01-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi Simon,

What sort of services do you plan to offer?

Why not join us at the networking event on Saturday 11th January at 2:30pm at All Bar One in Covent Garden? You can discuss your ideas there.
http://www.shell-livewire.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=19

ee96sso
02-01-2003, 03:50 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your invitation to the networking event taking place on the 11th.
It should prove a useful meeting like minded people.
I am looking to provide IT services to busnesses or individuals.

Techman
03-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Hello,

I have started the ball rolling on starting my own computer services company. I have been arranging bandwidth and a contract with BT to supply ADSL and leased lines. We will also be offering web based software solutions.

craig_bell
04-01-2003, 03:56 AM
Hi Simon,

Send me an email and I am sure that we will be able to exchage some experiences!

Regards,

Craig
craig@netlane.co.uk

leehellcat
05-01-2003, 10:19 PM
I am thinking of starting up a business servicing small businesses and home users.
Has anyone got any good sites for gaining market information ?

Cheers

Lee

craig_bell
06-01-2003, 02:04 AM
The best way to fine out the market research you want would be to do it yourself or get an MR company to do it. You will hardly find anything you want on the net.

Craig

Tommy
07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
will hardly find anything you want on the net

That's a bit worrying to hear in this day and age! You can find anything you want on the internet, literally, if you know where to look and you look hard enough.
A quick search on Google bring up enough for general information on almost any subject, but you'll need to start looking for sites and message forums, such as this, with specific information on marketing, which is where you'll find the info.
I don't have any specific examples of useful sites to gain marketing information as that's not my area, but I'm sure someone can help!

DavidHa
07-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi Simon,

I do a lot of work with a number of leading vendors such as HP, Oracle, Intel & Microsoft.

I usually spend most of my time working with members of the UK IT Channel (Resellers, Application Developers and Service Providers)

If this is the area you're going into, give me a shout and I can furnish you with information. I've been working in the channel now for over 8 years.

Enjoy your day.

David

wyprb0
17-01-2003, 03:31 PM
I would like to participate in building a network of IT Service company contact, if you are interested send me an e-mail and I will put together a list soon.

Pravin
wyprb0@yahoo.co.uk