PDA

View Full Version : Own Brand

OWN BRAND
02-10-2003, 02:28 PM
hi , im currenctly at university and im thinking of opening my own business. my idea is to create my own brand name clothing. i have a rough idea of where to find manufacturers of clothing, i.e. china, idia, pakistan etc. but i would like advice on how to go about this idea and what i need to consider before i go forward.

thanks

kind regards

Statler
02-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Hi,

If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org , you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the First Time' and 'Writing your First Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea (choose either Designer Clothing Shop or Clothing Manufacture), plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

The first thing you need to do is your research. You need to ascertain that there is a need for your business and that your plans are viable. How big is your potential market? Who will you sell to? Why will they buy from you? What will your unique selling point (USP) be? How much will your start up costs be? When you know the answers to these questions (and many more), you can create your business plan. A thorough and well thought out business plan will be essential for securing funding for your idea, and will also clarify the initial steps you need to take in order to make a success of your business.

Lee