PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a record shop

john_banny
18-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I would like to open a record shop in the Wiltshire area, prefrebly Cirencester. I have chosen Cirencester because it would e filling a gap in the market as there are no record shops in the Cirencester area. Could you give me some advice please.

john_banny
18-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Ps im 17 at the moment but i plan to do this when i am 19 (when i finish collage

Statler
18-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Hi John,

If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org , you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the First Time' and 'Writing your First Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea (Record Shop), plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

Nearer the time of setting up your business, you should conduct market research to identify if there is a definite need for a record shop in your proposed location. If there's not one there now, ask yourself (and others) why not. Has there been a record shop in the past? What music did it stock? Why did it fail? How could you improve on what it offered?

Lee