PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to register the company name first

Sonny
19-08-2003, 03:08 PM
I want to start up a sealents company, which deals in mastics etc and I can begin to start bringing in work as of today. What I want to know is do I have to have the name of my company registered before I can trade work under its name. If so where can I get this done?

Emily Taylor
19-08-2003, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure of the legalities regarding the order of doing things but registering a name is quite straight forward. A useful site is www.anewbusiness.co.uk

Best regards

shell_livewire
19-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi Sonny

If you wish to set up your business as a sole trader you do not have to register your company name. However if you wish to set up as a limited company you can also search within the companies house website. The search facility may actually cost - there is certainly a charge on the www.anewbusiness.co.uk web site.

For more indepth information about how to structure your business - check out the be your own boss section of the www.shell-livewire.org website by entering your details under the 'your account' section. Additionally you can look into the legalities on the www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk site.

Best of luck